Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Oddy build thought
09-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Bored at work and poking around in the skill planner. Came up with http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...?build=THING_0

What do ya think?
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln

Last edited by disposeableh3r0; 09-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Captain
# 2
09-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Um... well I would provide a thought since I love the Odyssey... but alas, you forgot to put something XD
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Yep I broke the link some hoe and it didn't show. Fixed now.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Captain
# 4
09-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Ooook... I will say this. Your skills are a little odd.
What I would change would be to remove the points in starship maneuvering, since you probably won't be dodging anything to begin with, and put that into more points into the flat power bonuses since those are kinda your lifeblood in a cruiser. Secondly, I would take 3 points out of inertial dampeners and again put them into the flat power bonuses.

As for your BOff skills? No offense intended but that is some WEIRD stuff there lol... I would take off the ensign tactical and make that into an ensign science, OR change the ensign tactical to TS1, since if you have two purple conn officers, you don't need more than one TT1. Also I would change your Cmdr Engi to these abilities: EPtW1/EPtA1, EPtS2/EPtA2, EPtS3, AtSIF3. As for your LtCmdr Sci, I would change the FBP2 to GW1 or TR2.

But other than that, very interesting.

What item build would you use? I mean we got your weapons down, but what consoles, shields, deflector and engine would you use? And what devices? Other than that, this looks promising.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Ooook... I will say this. Your skills are a little odd.
What I would change would be to remove the points in starship maneuvering, since you probably won't be dodging anything to begin with, and put that into more points into the flat power bonuses since those are kinda your lifeblood in a cruiser. Secondly, I would take 3 points out of inertial dampeners and again put them into the flat power bonuses.

As for your BOff skills? No offense intended but that is some WEIRD stuff there lol... I would take off the ensign tactical and make that into an ensign science, OR change the ensign tactical to TS1, since if you have two purple conn officers, you don't need more than one TT1. Also I would change your Cmdr Engi to these abilities: EPtW1/EPtA1, EPtS2/EPtA2, EPtS3, AtSIF3. As for your LtCmdr Sci, I would change the FBP2 to GW1 or TR2.

But other than that, very interesting.

What item build would you use? I mean we got your weapons down, but what consoles, shields, deflector and engine would you use? And what devices? Other than that, this looks promising.
I figured I could change out the tac ensign if and when I got the purple doffs. It is after all an ensign slot and quite cheep. Manuevering still grants a defence bonus and works well with the console layout ill detail later. I have 2 ts2's so having a ts1 in the ensign seems like a waste probably go for an engineering ensign with another epts1 Aceton beam is mainly for the enemy damage reduction and relys on particle generators like ewp does, ewp was for the slow/disable effect. fbp synergizes with apd since the plan is to draw fire and debuff. As for powerlevls im a liberated borg with the borg engineer and a coupple of saurians my efficiency is through the roof i tend not to have power issues.

I was going to use the standard borg/maco sets with chevron sep possibly iso if I can get ahold of one for cheep (free) then acouple neutronium alloys a sif gen and an emitter array with some field gens.

weapons would be 6 beam arrays with the wide angle quantum and possibly a rear tric/ tric mine or hargh'peng.

Maybe for the luls get some of the new polarized disruptors.

Like I said tho, I'm bored at work and just poking around.

Captain
# 6
09-30-2012, 01:20 AM
By ts, I mean Torpedo Spread lol... And as for the Neutroniums, you can get mk XI blues off of crafting or the dil store (11k dil if you buy it, 7950 if you craft). Alright, didn't know bout the borg bit, soooo yeah lol... and alas I cannot get a liberated borg, so I am jealous now XD.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
By ts, I mean Torpedo Spread lol... And as for the Neutroniums, you can get mk XI blues off of crafting or the dil store (11k dil if you buy it, 7950 if you craft). Alright, didn't know bout the borg bit, soooo yeah lol... and alas I cannot get a liberated borg, so I am jealous now XD.
eh the efficient trait is available if you create an alien nothing else very special about it.

Perhaps I'll do this instead.
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...p?build=aeer_0

Last edited by disposeableh3r0; 09-30-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Captain
# 8
09-30-2012, 03:40 AM
it depends on what your intention is with that cruiser. PVP, PVE tanking, PVE dmg.

you got an engi captain so survival is basically already covered with that.
what you can do now is either more tactical or more science direction. meaning more CC or more boom.

personally i went with both on my oddy starcruiser.
i should have skilled particel generators...but at the time it didn't seem important since i wasn't sure which sci ability i would use appart from HE and TSS. But the TBR is really a nice ability...does some dmg, and is a great CC ability + it is already buffed by the borg console and deflector for good repulsion. (even the maco boosts that ability, if you prefer 2 maco/2 borg)

that would be my stf tanking build, with quite some punch against unshielded targets, due to the 2 photon torpedo tubes in front. in rear all turret (was experimenting with a tricobald mine for a while, but wasnt convinced of it)

doffs: shield distribution officer, projectile weapons officer, warp core engineer, 2x damage control engineer

PS: that aceton beam, i'm not very fond of. it helps and is an OK ability for stf tanking but is utterly useless at anything else. So a EPtS or something else of that sort is better. In fact on the BOFFs i place in the engi commander slot when not doing stfs i have 2 EPtS or an EPtW...depending on the situation.
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-30-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
it depends on what your intention is with that cruiser. PVP, PVE tanking, PVE dmg.

you got an engi captain so survival is basically already covered with that.
what you can do now is either more tactical or more science direction. meaning more CC or more boom.

personally i went with both on my oddy starcruiser.
i should have skilled particel generators...but at the time it didn't seem important since i wasn't sure which sci ability i would use appart from HE and TSS. But the TBR is really a nice ability...does some dmg, and is a great CC ability + it is already buffed by the borg console and deflector for good repulsion. (even the maco boosts that ability, if you prefer 2 maco/2 borg)

that would be my stf tanking build, with quite some punch against unshielded targets, due to the 2 photon torpedo tubes in front. in rear all turret (was experimenting with a tricobald mine for a while, but wasnt convinced of it)

doffs: shield distribution officer, projectile weapons officer, warp core engineer, 2x damage control engineer

PS: that aceton beam, i'm not very fond of. it helps and is an OK ability for stf tanking but is utterly useless at anything else. So a EPtS or something else of that sort is better. In fact on the BOFFs i place in the engi commander slot when not doing stfs i have 2 EPtS or an EPtW...depending on the situation.
Yeah I have a tac in a beefed up sci oddy, so I'm covered for boom if I feel I need it. But I also have this engineer I don't do much with and was thinking of new and more interesting ways to kill stuff. I was thinking about TBR instead of FBP sinve if I run the aux low enough and don't bother with graviton generators the repel wont be that hard so there is more time to pour damage. But I think FBP can apply APD so it may prove more useful.

-shrug- I may also go with the dual BO2 version.