Commander
# 1 Special projects
09-29-2012, 07:20 PM
*Couldn't find a fleet bases folder to post this, so I'm posting it here. Moderators, please move this if there is a better place.

So I'm curious the point of the special project missions. I'm not talking about the limited edition ones but the ones that have similar requirements to the regular missions but with higher numbers. They make little sense to me, you need far more fleet marks and commodities and DOff donations to compete them but only gain 5 base experience points in each of the 3 areas. What am I mission on them? I've asked in the game several times, only to get smart arse answers. I'd love to know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2012, 07:51 PM
A big fleet running only the main projects and upgrades will lack enough opportunities for all its members to donate and earn credits. Special Projects add those opportunities, just as they need to run provisioning projects to add enough provisions.
Smaller fleets can get by without.
That's the whole secret behind those missions.
Captain
# 3
09-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Exactly. They exist so that large fleets can allow EVERYONE the chance to contribute.
Commander
# 4
09-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Ah! Excellent, thank you both. I'm the leader of two small fleets (1 fed and 1 klingon) and it's always been confusing me. We have a hard enough time doing the regular missions, those special projects would take forever.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-30-2012, 02:31 AM
We came to an agreement in our fleet not to queue the special projects any more, the 5exp in all 3 areas is not worth the resource. If it was worth 50 exp or more then we would probably queue them, but since we are a small fleet it hurts us more than it helps us.
Career Officer
# 6
09-30-2012, 05:05 AM
If it was 50 EXP or more you could make three times the amount of progress you do on a regular project in the same span of time. 50 is really only a viable option if the completion time of these missions is upped to two hours. And unless the startup cost is quadrupled along with it, that'd really cut into the larger fleets' members' ability to earn FC, as the assignments come available less often.

If you're a small fleet, just ignore the special projects.
Reave