Career Officer
# 1 No Refunds for Confirmed Bug?
09-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Many of you might or might not know that there is a confirmed bug with the Temporal DOFF Missions that come with the new Temporal Lockbox:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=13

And I just confirmed that CSR will NOT give a refund for these missions, which effectively costs players $1 per mission, with a promise that we supposed to get something from every box!

All the more evidense that these lockboxes are a scam! And Perfect World should be ashamed of themselves.
Career Officer
# 2
10-02-2012, 08:35 PM
If Cryptic/PWE gave out refunds for bugged stuff you pay for, the game would be losing money faster than shoveling hundred dollar bills into a bonfire! The sad part is, the playerbase is too busy throwing piles of money at Cryptic/PWE for utter crap so you can't expect anything better until the majority stop doing this. I am sorry you feel cheated! I felt like this for the 8 months that it took them to half-arse fix the AGT uniforms I bought on day 1 of them hitting the C-Store.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Many of you might or might not know that there is a confirmed bug with the Temporal DOFF Missions that come with the new Temporal Lockbox:

And I just confirmed that CSR will NOT give a refund for these missions, which effectively costs players $1 per mission, with a promise that we supposed to get something from every box!

All the more evidense that these lockboxes are a scam! And Perfect World should be ashamed of themselves.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING I'M SAYING THIS EXTREMELY SARCASTICALLY...

Hey dumbass, you did get something for your box that you spent either real money or ec on....you got the ever valuable "Lobi Crystal(s)"...hey guess what, sucks to be you, you bought a box to get something and you did.

Welcome to Cryptic/PWE games, thanks for your money moron.

NOW, being completely serious...

Dude welcome to the same response to every other pay item glitch they've had. Defiant variant bridge pack...all the variants had different colored carpet in the screenshots, bought pack, set new bridges...tan carpet instead of black and blue...switched to other bridge in pack....tan carpet instead of red,,,rinse and repeat. Their response.....copy and pasted replies that had nothing to do with the issue and closing the ticket, then after myself and a number of other people creating tickets and threads about it, their response, stop responding to ALL tickets from me and other players. Back when the Ferengi boxes originally came out there was a german player that got the d'kora ship only to open the box and it be the shuttle. Had proof it was labeled as the actual D'kora and then that it opened as a shuttle.....nope denied refund.

They have made it very very clear that buying anything in this game is buying "as is with no refunds"

Sorry you got screwed out of your money, but have a "Cryptic/PWE screwed me over" membership card for you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:

Like we needed more proof, I've been pointing out that blindingly obvious fact since they first appeared. And also that all Pakled World give a damn about is how to screw money out of you any way they can.
Captain
# 5
10-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Once you have their money, never give it back.

And since they dont provide Documentation of purchases, and appearently don't keep records themselves, they can easily cheat...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 6
10-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:

You got lobi didn't you? What more do you want, a free ship, a mission that works? Good luck on that one.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 7
10-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:

But by playing STO, You've already agreed to this... It clearly states in the 'Terms of Service' agreement...
Quote:
22. Disclaimer of Warranties...
(c) You may not hold PWE responsible for any loss resulting from your use of the Service or any in-game trading activities. You may not hold PWE responsible for any information that is passed between players. PWE does not guarantee the safe keeping of information that is passed between players and will not be held responsible for any resulting losses or consequences arising from the improper use of said information. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. PWE does not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Services or any levels to players.
http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms