Career Officer
# 11
09-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't plan on ever opening another box (I got the bug ship from the winter event), but I guess you could just save up for the ship you want now that the lobi store ships will always be there, which will keep there value at a constant in the exchange.

That is the only flicker of light regarding these ships....
Commander
# 12
09-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
He only has the Mobius.

I spent $50 for both ships and the complete Lobi set.

How?

I did PWE surveys and offers for over $60 in credit.

I had 100 Lobi leftover from old DOff packs. (Which is money spent but not now.)

I had a couple of months of C-Points saved.......

But I am more satisfied with this ship than with any other ship I own. Not just the power but the gimmickry and type of gimmickry appeal to me, as somebody who was more into time travel than space travel and who yearned for a 29th century time-themed Trek show ever since I saw "Future's End" as a kid. It just feels right and may well be the last ship I ever buy unless I get something with an alt in mind. I'll be playing it well after it's obsolete next to some hypothetical Elite +2 Tier of Fleet Ships.
And that folks is how you play a F2P game with out going poor. Bravo on getting all that done.

Last edited by kingdoxy; 09-30-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I opened about 150 boxes yesterday and although I didn't get the Wells (which is ok as I wanted the Mobius) I got enough stuff to sell on the exchange to net me about 150 mil, got enough lobi for the Mobius, the aeon shuttle, the chroniton DBB and the tachykinetic converter. I need about 32 lobi to get the torpedo. I also got about 15 temporal doff packs, 12 isometric charge consoles and about 10 MU ships (which i gave away in ESD earlier today).

The ship itself is a beast and I slapped the Aeon skin on her so she is midnight black. I may try to get a wells just for the tipler cylnder but I'm not sure yet.
I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
Career Officer
# 14
09-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakesfistatsky View Post
I opened about 150 boxes yesterday and although I didn't get the Wells (which is ok as I wanted the Mobius) I got enough stuff to sell on the exchange to net me about 150 mil, got enough lobi for the Mobius, the aeon shuttle, the chroniton DBB and the tachykinetic converter. I need about 32 lobi to get the torpedo. I also got about 15 temporal doff packs, 12 isometric charge consoles and about 10 MU ships (which i gave away in ESD earlier today).

The ship itself is a beast and I slapped the Aeon skin on her so she is midnight black. I may try to get a wells just for the tipler cylnder but I'm not sure yet.
At this point, seriously, just buy the keys and sell them for EC, assuming you're going for more Lobi items beyond the one.

I got my stipend today and spent zen plus dilithium for more keys so I could get the Stasis Pistol.

I think I'd have cared for the rifle more.

The pistol mainly seems like a 1v1 PvP toy. (Ie. annoy someone in 1v1 PvP.) It only seems to put someone in stasis once. It's also useless in most of the content I do.

I thought about going for a mix of rifles and pistols for an away team, buying them slowly but the two have no synergy.