Lt. Commander
# 101
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstarr View Post
Im very curious if I will be able to move my character on a planets surface by jumping up onto stairs, ladders, short platforms and porches?

The reason I ask is in Starwars Galaxies jumping is FUTILE! There are ramps and stairs in game but if you dont line your character up correctly to the ramp leading to the porch you cant even enter your own house.
You cant even jump up onto the porch, you must run up the ramp thats to the side of the porch.

I enjoyed climbing and jumping onto ledges, spires, walls, rooftops, buildings and even trees in EQ1, EQII and DDO.
Thanks kindly for your answer,
David Starr

Resistance may be futile but jumping should not be.
Agreed. Very good question. Thank you for asking this. I hope we are given the option, and I wonder if some Splinter Cell movements will be apllicable? I hope so.
Lt. Commander
# 102
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Is there a reason this chat is not on VOON, like the last one?

I preferred the Voice Chat system.
Lt. Commander
# 103
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
will the gorund combat be like a shooter in the sence that it is fast paced and if so is there a cover system? and how much freedom can we have to move about when fighting, you know defined pathes invisable walls etc

Craig talks about the Ground combat being more 'fast paced' and 'jumping around' in this interview (thanks to Tamgros for the link):
Lt. Commander
# 104
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
It has been explained that the movement between systems will be a 3d overhead map similar to Spore and that when you arrive in a star system you be thrown into a 3rd person view of your ship.

Could the Development team please go into more depth about this system? For example, will a player have a choice of, lets say, 50 points of interest to click on in the overhead map (the spore map if you will) and he or she will have to decided where to go? Or will they press w,a,s,d or up, down, left, or right to move their ship around and they will be notified when an event happens, thus throwing them into 3rd person view?
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feadother View Post
It has been explained that the movement between systems will be a 3d overhead map similar to Spore and that when you arrive in a star system you be thrown into a 3rd person view of your ship.

Could the Development team please go into more depth about this system? For example, will a player have a choice of, lets say, 50 points of interest to click on in the overhead map (the spore map if you will) and he or she will have to decided where to go? Or will they press w,a,s,d or up, down, left, or right to move their ship around and they will be notified when an event happens, thus throwing them into 3rd person view?
On a tangent, this is why I wish the STO site had 'Concept Art'.

They could post concept drawings to help further explain this.
Lt. Commander
# 106 Galactic Plane?
06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
When I first started star trek as a kid i always wondered how two ships always ended up facing each other both oriented the right way. Then i kinda figured that there would be some kind of galactic central plane that the ship would try to automatically orient itself to. Are all solar systems on the same plane? I always remember that borg cube traveling to our solar system and passing by the planets along the solar system orbital plane, and I wonder is our system actually oriented like that or is it up on a 90 degree angle (or something like that) to where the borg is coming from. If it was, it could just warp right next to earth and we would all be really surprised. I wouldn't mind warping to an enemy ship, then come out of warp all of a sudden to find that i entered the system upside-down. The two ships would be oriented the opposite ways. That would pose an interesting start to the battle. Obviously being upside-down would expose either a weak or strong part of my ship or of the enemy. Are you taking into account this Galactic plane orientation?
Lt. Commander
# 107 My Questions
06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Not sure if this is where to drop the questions but here goes...

1. When engaged in combat, will I be able to attempt to flee by going to warp?
2. Will NPC's/Players be able to interdict/suppress my movement in STO ship combat?
3. Will I be able to prevent other players form beaming down to interfere with my away team?
4. When moving through space at warp speed, will other players be able to see my ship?
5. Can we fire weapons/raise shields/transport while traveling at warp?
Lt. Commander
# 108
06-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Did the Irc die?
Lt. Commander
# 109
06-16-2009, 03:26 PM
over 200 people showed up, great questions -

Transcript is here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...696#post592696

Actually guys looks like the official one will be located here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=21819
Lt. Commander
# 110
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Why wasn't this on voon??? I really enjoyed the voon chat.
Closed Thread