Lt. Commander
# 1 Trade proposal
09-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum.

I'd like to offer my stacks of lockboxes and trade for a Jem'hadar Attack ship or the Ferengi Maurader.

I don't have the cash to get keys and go through the hassle of trying to find a ship with what I have. So if someone is interested in trading them here's what I have to offer,
25 STACKS of Tholian
6+ STACKS of Ferengi
13 Cardassian Lockboxes (not stacks)
I also have a stack + of the new Temporal boxes

Shoot me an email @beritpandion in game if interested.

Yes I know I can get them on the exchange but maybe there's someone that want's the useless boxes and is willing to trade so thought I'd make the offer.

Last edited by beritpandion; 09-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Well, good luck with getting that if someone should trade you.

Lt. Commander
# 3
09-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, good luck with getting that if someone should trade you.
Hey you never know I wasn't just thinking it'd happen but if there's someone that wanted a specfic pack or something they'd have a pretty good shot at getting it. Especially Tholian. /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2012, 02:06 AM
It's all about market mechanics.

If you look what lockboxes are worth on the exchange, and what one of those ships is worth, you'll realize that the deal is equivalent to offering your matchbox collection for a 35 foot sailing yacht.

You can sell the boxes and maybe get some EC, but boxes are so easy to get that even that might be dissapointing. I generally don't pick them up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydaspes View Post
It's all about market mechanics.

If you look what lockboxes are worth on the exchange, and what one of those ships is worth, you'll realize that the deal is equivalent to offering your matchbox collection for a 35 foot sailing yacht.

You can sell the boxes and maybe get some EC, but boxes are so easy to get that even that might be dissapointing. I generally don't pick them up.
True again. The appeal if any is for someone that might have missed out on a specific item or ship that they wanted. PLUS they have the chance of having extra items to sell. I knew it was a long shot but I'm a pack rat and kept every box I've gotten since I started and the thinking is that there might be someone that wants X item or even possibly say one or more of the tholian ships. Since they're no longer dropping this is a potential way for people to get an item or item's that aren't dropping anymore.

I wasn't discounting the 'market values' and all however there are more ways to determine value. There's something I'd like and I have a way for people to get something that they may want or potentially like. And your analogy while quaint and valid does miss the point that if there's someone that wants say a tholian ship and has or can get a lot of keys and maybe got an extra somewhere they would be willing to look at the trade.

I really didn't expect a ton of offers but it only takes one and it can be done.
Career Officer
# 6
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Just FYI, Ferengi and Tholian lock boxes can be bought on the exchange right now for less than 1000 EC each. Cardassian lock boxes for under 5000 each. And there are over 400 of each listed (maximum displayed amount).