Captain
Sure the site sells ships, uniforms and other things. But it could always use more stuff. What do you think?

Hairstyles. If it works for The Sims 3, it could work for STO
Ship Paints. We have a few paints already, but how about C-Store exclusive paints?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
My BOFFs have a disturbing lack of Christmas hair from those of animes.
I won't need any more ship paints. I like Sagittarius/Type 6.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Datachips to bypass cooldowns on STFs and Fleet Events

5 Datachips Reset Cooldown for Fleet Events

10 DataChips Reset Cooldown For STFs

1$ for 50 Datachips

100 datachips per month for Gold and Lifetime Accounts only (perk)
Captain
# 4
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
A ship interior expansion pack. Holodeck, shuttle bay, customizable rooms and halls etc., it would be a quick and clean way for Cryptic to get some money. I know I'd buy it. Account unlock, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 5 c-store stuff
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't mind more accurate bridges. The defiant bridge is nice but the rest of that bridge set reminds me of a cruiser for the size of the crew and engineering decks. I got the TOS bridge set with the bundle and the original constitution bridge is much nicer I think size wise for my defiant ship. Plus I like retro, I really wish I could purchase a level 50 version of the original constitution class ship.
Captain
# 6
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman1979 View Post
Datachips to bypass cooldowns on STFs and Fleet Events

5 Datachips Reset Cooldown for Fleet Events

10 DataChips Reset Cooldown For STFs

1$ for 50 Datachips

100 datachips per month for Gold and Lifetime Accounts only (perk)
Nnow that I think about this more, that's a great idea. It basically will be a feed back loop on itself.

People buy the datachips and play STFs. They get their loot and save the dilithium. Play more STFs, bypass more cooldowns. Spend the dilithium on zen, buy more datachips, leading to more dilithium. And since people would want to spend their dilithium on zen for datachips, people will buy zen to sell to said datachip buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 7
10-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Sure the site sells ships, uniforms and other things. But it could always use more stuff. What do you think?

Hairstyles. If it works for The Sims 3, it could work for STO
Ship Paints. We have a few paints already, but how about C-Store exclusive paints?
I am all for more ship parts. They could add some Saucers, Engineering hulls, Nacelles, necks and pylons for instance. Similar to their Uniform packs.
Especially the Odyssey could use some more parts for sure. Maybe i would even buy that ship then.
But most classic shaped ships (featuring a saucer, a engineering hull, nacelles and so on) would greatly benefit from such a ship parts pack, too.
STO already is a Star Trek theme park adding more diverse ship parts would be

Obviously some abnormal ship shapes, like the defiant won't profit from this, but i couldn't care less.

More hair, can't get enough to choose from.

Another thing i would like to see is more different face types. Everyone looks too similar to each other. After 2 and a half years of STO we still are fixed to just two types of faces, thats not nearly enough IMO.

Thank you for reading.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Career Officer
# 8 you are right
10-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
A ship interior expansion pack. Holodeck, shuttle bay, customizable rooms and halls etc., it would be a quick and clean way for Cryptic to get some money. I know I'd buy it. Account unlock, of course.
Yes, very good post!!!
Career Officer
I would like the C-store to sell gift packs you can have sent to other players. I would like the C-Store to sell game codes you can send to give other players gold for a month, 3 months, year and all the way up to lifetime account.

I would like to able to rent instances from the C-store to host events. Like party in ESD or the Fleet Starbase.

I wish the StarBase would sell captains quarters and office space. I want to have an office in ESD and have dancing Orion slave girls, and a functioning agony booth.

Really the C-Store could expand in so many ways. They really need to do something because the dilithium price for zen is going down proving that zen is not as useful as it needs to be.
Career Officer
# 10
10-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Hairs would be fantastic.

Personally I want to see a sort of "2409 Bundle"
  • Generic 2409 bridge, themed after the Aquarius bridge made for the Odyssey-class, but much smaller, no larger than the Prometheus-pack bridges (the best balance of size and playability, IMO)
  • 2409 combadge
  • KDF Bonus: New Sash
  • Bonus: Account-bound Fleet Module

And of course a KDF "Imperial Bundle"
  • Generic bridge themed after the Bortasqu' bridge
  • New shoulder pads (matches sash style from 2409 bundle)
  • FED Bonus: 2409 Belt (matches combadge)
  • Bonus: Account-bound Fleet Module

The main draw is the bridges, but the additions of the fleet module and the synergizing costume pieces adds draw. Ideally it would be priced relative to similar items so that the modules would effectively cost half what they normally do. Account binding the modules prevents selling them without shafting the buyer by binding it to the buying character.

I imagine in total these will individually run 1000 zen. So 2000 zen overall for "modern" bridges, matching accessories for both factions, and a whopping two account-bound fleet modules. Not bad considering the modules alone would normally run you 1000 for both...