Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,341
# 1 More Gorn!
10-01-2012, 07:58 AM
If I could ask for some things regarding Gorn:
  • A few Gorn skins for existing ships. (The Zilant for the Vo'Quv?)
  • GHS (or something like it) prefix for Gorn ship names and ships with a Gorn skin.
  • A Gorn-themed social zone like Ganalda space station, because the Gorn Hegemony is not part of the Klingon Empire, according to STO canon.
  • Invent a set bonus for when you have equipped all three Gorn consoles (barrier field, acetone assimilator, repair platform)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,332
# 2
10-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
A few Gorn skins for existing ships. (The Zilant for the Vo'Quv?)
It won't happen with the Vo'quv, since the models are too different. But a stand-alone Zilant might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
GHS (or something like it) prefix for Gorn ship names and ships with a Gorn skin.
The Gorn flagships in "Fleet Alert" don't use prefixes. So it doesn't look like they use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
A Gorn-themed social zone like Ganalda space station, because the Gorn Hegemony is not part of the Klingon Empire, according to STO canon.
The Gorn are a part of the Empire as of 2404, according to STO lore. But some Gorn colonies, maybe even the homeworld, would be awesome. Maybe some similar stuff for the Orions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Invent a set bonus for when you have equipped all three Gorn consoles (barrier field, acetone assimilator, repair platform)
That could be cool.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,341
# 3
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
It won't happen with the Vo'quv, since the models are too different. But a stand-alone Zilant might work.
Are they? Well, then maybe a copy.

Quote:
The Gorn flagships in "Fleet Alert" don't use prefixes. So it doesn't look like they use them.
Also fine - a "no prefix" option.

Quote:
The Gorn are a part of the Empire as of 2404, according to STO lore. But some Gorn colonies, maybe even the homeworld, would be awesome. Maybe some similar stuff for the Orions too.
Not according to STowiki:

http://www.stowiki.org/Gorn_Hegemony
"Despite demands by hardliners in the Klingon High Council, J'mpok chooses not to have the royal family executed. Rather, he offers them self-rule as long as they swear loyalty to the Empire. Slathis agrees and is given a non-voting seat in the High Council. The Klingon Fifth Fleet is withdrawn from Gorn space. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,341
# 4
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh, one more thing:
  • Gorn Bridge pack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 286
# 5
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Allow me to add something: in some soft canon, there are three Gorn castes, and if I remember right, they inhabit their own worlds and have biological differences. The old TOS Gorn skin still exists ingame, and we've yet to see the Enterprise Gorn ingame; why not let us choose parts from the three castes?

Also tails. Optional of course, but I swear I read that in at least one softcanon source one of the castes had a tail for swimming on their marshy planet. I'm probably remembering wrong, but that would be nice to have. My Gorn feels bare without one for some reason.

You are a peadge. And you are a peadge. Everybody is a peadge!
So much floof.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 316
# 6
10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I'd love more options for he Gorn. The big one is All Gorn crew strolling around the ship. I'm currently working on a pure ship (100% gorn Doff and Booff). For the bridge pack, on the crew deck a lounge pool with added lighting and steamy heat...
I did think of an idea for a ground set. Lots of Close combat bonuses, and the set weapon is a melee one. Sort of like a pimped version of Perosnal mobility shield, Pyshical argumentation armour, and a Gorn issue whacking stick. Set abilities could be such as ignoring flanking fire for all three peices

I do play my Gorn as a 5th colmun type, working for Gorn indipendance, I even found a fleet with the same rough goal.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,332
# 7
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Not according to STowiki:

http://www.stowiki.org/Gorn_Hegemony
"Despite demands by hardliners in the Klingon High Council, J'mpok chooses not to have the royal family executed. Rather, he offers them self-rule as long as they swear loyalty to the Empire. Slathis agrees and is given a non-voting seat in the High Council. The Klingon Fifth Fleet is withdrawn from Gorn space. "
I interpreted that to mean the Gorn are allowed to manage their affairs, but the Klingons can still veto whatever doesn't meet with their approval. So I guess either interpretation works.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 535
# 8
10-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
If I could ask for some things regarding Gorn:
  • A few Gorn skins for existing ships. (The Zilant for the Vo'Quv?)
  • GHS (or something like it) prefix for Gorn ship names and ships with a Gorn skin.
  • A Gorn-themed social zone like Ganalda space station, because the Gorn Hegemony is not part of the Klingon Empire, according to STO canon.
  • Invent a set bonus for when you have equipped all three Gorn consoles (barrier field, acetone assimilator, repair platform)
Hell yes. My wallet is prepared.

I already own all the Gorn ships, but we need some non-science ships (as well as some fleet science ships that can compete with the Fed science ships).

There are a couple ideas to make this work:

1. New models, etc., which is rather time-consuming.
2. Make use of existing NPC-only models (Vishap, Naga, Tuatara, and the new dread model [not the old wedgy one]).
3. Give a golden, Gorn-style skin for existing ships, to give the impression that they were sold to the Gorn, followed by a Gorn refit.

Frankly, option 2 seems the most logical, from a time spent/money earned viewpoint; I don't like the look of the Zilant (I hate most lop-sided, asymetrical ships), but I'd love to have a Vishap escort/low-tier frigate, and the Tuatara/dread would make awesome cruisers/battlecruisers. Having a Naga fighter sold at 500 zen would make a great option to the To'Duj.

Then you have the Orions and Nausicaans; I don't play them, but they have some *GREAT* NPC models that just aren't used. The Slavemaster and Talon battleships are really, really nice-looking ships, and there are others as well.

Anyway, I just can't understand why Cryptic won't just take advantage of the hard work (and great work, at that) that their starship artists have done, and rig these ships for player use. Talk about easy money.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,341
# 9
10-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
2. Make use of existing NPC-only models (Vishap, Naga, Tuatara, and the new dread model [not the old wedgy one]).
[...]
Frankly, option 2 seems the most logical, from a time spent/money earned viewpoint; I don't like the look of the Zilant (I hate most lop-sided, asymetrical ships), but I'd love to have a Vishap escort/low-tier frigate, and the Tuatara/dread would make awesome cruisers/battlecruisers. Having a Naga fighter sold at 500 zen would make a great option to the To'Duj.
[...]
Anyway, I just can't understand why Cryptic won't just take advantage of the hard work (and great work, at that) that their starship artists have done, and rig these ships for player use. Talk about easy money.
Totally agree with that. It would not only be cheap, but it would also mean cheaply addded awesomeness for the game as a whole.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,686
# 10
10-02-2012, 05:20 AM
I kinda wish they didn't have 3 mandatory ground traits, always why I been very hesitant to make one. Wish they would dump resilient or cold blooded.

Last edited by lianthelia; 10-02-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.