Ensign
# 21
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I just got a n email from Brandon W. Felczer - Community Manager - Star Trek Online
and I will get back to him with my concerns on the Luna.
It sounds like the Luna may be heading back to the Digital Spacedock in the future, just no stardate yet.

I take that as promising and plan on working with them in every way I can to get her looking right.

I am not sure about the I.S.S. getting retouched, but atleast it sounds like the U.S.S. might get an overhaul.
Commander
# 22
10-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourangeau001 View Post
I just got a n email from Brandon W. Felczer - Community Manager - Star Trek Online
It sounds like the Luna may be heading back to the Digital Spacedock in the future, just no stardate yet.

I take that as promising and plan on working with them in every way I can to get her looking right.

I am not sure about the I.S.S. getting retouched, but atleast it sounds like the U.S.S. might get an overhaul.
That's great to hear! The Luna's hands down my favoring of the hull-forms available for the RSV.
Career Officer
# 23
10-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I love the Luna class design, even more in the ISS version

I would love a tac heavy version in sto that keeps the same turn speed and stats, but comes with a sci version of the Regent class boff layout!

1 Ensign Tac
1 Lt Cmdr Tac
1 Lt Sci
1 Cmdr sci
1 Lt uni

Make it so...
Career Officer
# 24
10-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
That's great to hear! The Luna's hands down my favoring of the hull-forms available for the RSV.
That's GREAT !

Sean talk to them about some of your other designs !
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Career Officer
# 25
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Bolded for emphasis. Given that the idea is that we as players should congregate around "large fleets" and buying Fleet Ships, it makes complete sense to bring the older ship classes up to a higher standard, since we'll be flying them alot more (as Fleet Retrofits).
You mean it makes sense to polish up 20 dollar single character unlock ships so they become more appealing and thus more likely to be purchased?
Madness!
Empire Veteran
# 26
10-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
You mean it makes sense to polish up 20 dollar single character unlock ships so they become more appealing and thus more likely to be purchased?
Madness!
I've never bought a Fleet Ship and frankly I never will, I can never forgive them for the death of the c-store ships being the top end ships.

Frankly now C-store ships really aren't worth the 2000-2500 Zen, despite them being account unlocks. I'd rather buy a lock box ship of the exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 27
10-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I've never bought a Fleet Ship and frankly I never will, I can never forgive them for the death of the c-store ships being the top end ships.

Frankly now C-store ships really aren't worth the 2000-2500 Zen, despite them being account unlocks. I'd rather buy a lock box ship of the exchange.
I bought 4 fleet modules instead for around 38 million ECs total and bought myself a nice Fleet K't'inga.
One of those ships we were never going to see in the C-Store because...it's a Klingon ship.

Anyway I hope they come around to fixing the ship's model now that it's an endgame ship and it makes sense to make it appealing again.
Career Officer
# 28
10-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Hey all Sean here the designer of the Luna Class/Titan. I understand the pressures the devs here have on their plates with the ships. I just have never been happy with the way they represented the Luna in the game. I can handle the little details, but what really really ticks me off is the sensor pod and it's deflector that is installed on it.

The sensor pod does not have a deflector dish on never did never wanted.
As for other details they are minor, and I was going to get capt Logan all the detailed
images of the Luna for rework before he left. Since then I have tried contacting people at cryptic to get them the images but no one has.

As most of you know I also developed a Mirror Universe version of the Titan a while back, and when I saw what they were calling a Mirror Luna for the game I had really got ticked off. I designed a way better version that they could of used all they need to do is ask and I would of been more than happy to let them have it.

I have always been open to letting more of my design go into the game if they wanted.

Oh well off my soap box. Thanks for all of your support.

Here are some Links to my I.S.S. Titan and other Mirror Universe Creations Feel free to take a look.

http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/#/d3116pd
Mirror Universe Art - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/445971
Commissions - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/7624222
Titan Images - http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/445973

And the Titan Shipyards - http://hammerheadgraphics.iwarp.com/TitanShipyards/

Enjoy,

Sean

Dear Sean,
your ship is the greatest one. I like your concepts and hope that more of them be exactly implemented into STO. Years ago I ogle also with another ship from you, the Interceptor Class Destroyer. This could be a nice further ship for STO.

Greetings
Career Officer
# 29
10-03-2012, 04:33 AM
If the MU Luna looked anything like it should...I'd put the MU skin on it again and also put the pods on it.
Since the ship now looks the way it does, I shut off the yellow and the pod altogether and instead slapped on the Veteran skin.
The less it looks like the Cryptic version the better.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:

Very nice indeed, at least that is something.