Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Linking Promo Ending Soon
10-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Our account linking promotion is ending soon, and account linking will become non-optional. If you have not already, link your Cryptic and Perfect World accounts today to receive a special in-game promotional item for one of your STO characters.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Did this as soon as the reward became available, but I still can't forgive you guys for making me change my forum handle. Your forum handle should be the same as your "@", but different from your login (for security reasons), not this mess (a "@" handle, a "forum" handle and a "log in" handle that are all different). I wish there was a way to sort this out, I do not like disorder and this is pure chaos.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 3
10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
What ever happened to linking our in-game display names to our forum name? I'm not happy at all that you are going to thrust this on us who haven't merged account without any resolution to the issue.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Our account linking promotion is ending soon, and account linking will become non-optional. If you have not already, link your Cryptic and Perfect World accounts today to receive a special in-game promotional item for one of your STO characters.

Click here to read more.
And yet the bug issue has not been resolved
Lieutenant
# 5
10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
The free gift is pretty mediocre, so it's not a big deal, but those of us who started playing in F2P/Season 5 or later can't get this, as our accounts were PWE from the beginning, correct?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Did this as soon as the reward became available, but I still can't forgive you guys for making me change my forum handle. Your forum handle should be the same as your "@", but different from your login (for security reasons), not this mess (a "@" handle, a "forum" handle and a "log in" handle that are all different). I wish there was a way to sort this out, I do not like disorder and this is pure chaos.
?

I did this on the day the promotion started too, and was able to get the same forum handle as my in-game @handle. The instructions seemed clear enough to me...

EDIT: well, I guess not entirely the same... this forum handle has no capital letters.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 7
10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Didn't let me keep mine, hence the trhrangerxml vs RangerXML.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 8
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
When will our @handles in-game be changed also? As much as Crytpic/PWE said we'd never be forced to merge accounts. Here we are! I'm sure the ladder is coming sooner than later also.
Captain
# 9
10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearbeard View Post
The free gift is pretty mediocre, so it's not a big deal, but those of us who started playing in F2P/Season 5 or later can't get this, as our accounts were PWE from the beginning, correct?
Yeah thats right so we can't get the gift but it's no biggy it isn't worth the effort
Community Moderator
# 10
10-03-2012, 06:56 AM
I've already linked my account, but for the benefit of those who haven't...

When will linking become non-optional?

And what benefits, if any, will we see once everyone is linked? Will it permit any enhanced functionality over what we have currently? (New Web/Forum features? Not having to retype the name when we log out and log back in?)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek