Career Officer
# 31
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Yea, I could go through and add in all the Accolade icons and such... but thats work that I just dont have the patience for, so I let others do that, and start them off with a basic assortment of some stuff that I use for my characters.
Like I said, it wasn't hard. I just pulled the accolade symbol off STOwiki, resized it properly, and popped it into the folder. Still, it takes some intuiting. Perhaps include instructions on how to select traits and what all have you. I only figured it out because of the PS class I took a while back.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Ensign
# 32
10-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Greetings,

I wanted to thank both amayakitsune and anazonda for this excellent contribution.

I built my current sig based on amayakitsune's first PSD and I used GIMP entirely, so it does work. Most notably however the text layers do not work the same in GIMP so they didn't carry over in the last version. I had to work those out on my own. Bottom line is using GIMP won't be for the novice or the faint of heart.

I just downloaded the new PSDs so I have something new to play with.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the rotating signature script to work in these forums? It seems to me they disabled a lot of things with sigs, probably for security reasons, so thus far I have been unsuccessful.

http://typheon.blogspot.com/
Captain
# 33
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typheonx View Post
I built my current sig based on amayakitsune's first PSD and I used GIMP entirely, so it does work. Most notably however the text layers do not work the same in GIMP so they didn't carry over in the last version. I had to work those out on my own. Bottom line is using GIMP won't be for the novice or the faint of heart.\
Good to know that they mostly work. I should probably download GIMP for Mac and see about making it fully compatible...
Ensign
# 34 Compatibility report
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I might add that this does not work with Photoshop 7. I'm testing with Gimp for Windows now and will report.
Commander
# 35
10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Not bad. However less is more!
Captain
# 36
10-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
Not bad. However less is more!
Im not entirely sure what you are saying. Would you perhaps like to elaborate?

Also, I'm proud to say the ThomastheCrypticCat noticed this and tweeted about it. Makes me very happy.
Career Officer
# 37
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Since I am not as adept a technician with these programs, like you guys, could someone make a doff ID for me, please?
I'm following the instructions, but something keep going awry. My level of expertise with CS5 is basic at best.

If I give one of you my screen-shot and the details needed on the doff bar, can you do it for me? And can I send the stuff through skype?

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-29-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Commander
# 38
11-21-2012, 10:09 PM
My problem with these things is always with replacing/typing in the new text I want, aligning it properly, etc. GIMP, at least, doesn't seem to allow simply replacing the contents of the current text field - or am I missing something?

Can you at least tell me the point/px sizes you're using for each of the elements? If I must, I can manage the alignment by eye

(EDIT: Sorry for long bump, but this is the thread I was linked to.)

Last edited by hfmudd; 11-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Captain
# 39
11-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
My problem with these things is always with replacing/typing in the new text I want, aligning it properly, etc. GIMP, at least, doesn't seem to allow simply replacing the contents of the current text field - or am I missing something?

Can you at least tell me the point/px sizes you're using for each of the elements? If I must, I can manage the alignment by eye

(EDIT: Sorry for long bump, but this is the thread I was linked to.)

I looked into GIMP and you are correct... it doesnt seem like it recognizes Photoshop text layers as text. Which is unfortunate... and makes it hard to work with a template such as this...

I dont have access to my Photoshop machine, but I'll take a look when I do get access to it. If all you need the the text size for the names and the 4 other text fields then I'll happily grab that for you.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Where would be the best place to get medals to add to the signature template?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English

Last edited by zidanetribal; 02-05-2013 at 12:22 AM.