Captain
On my Regent, I am thinking of replacing Beam Fire at Will II with Attack Pattern Beta 1, and, after slotting some purple Conn DOffs to let me rotate one copy of Tactical Team 1, putting Beam Fire at Will 1 on.

What am I losing by doing this? Is this a bad move? I'd like to leverage my Attack Pattern stat some more, and I like the attack pattern abilities, so I'm thinking this would be a decent idea. Also, does Attack Pattern Beta lose most of its effectiveness against shielded targets?

Furthermore, what is the major difference between different versions of Beam Fire at Will?

Thanks for any input!
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm not entirely 100% sure, but i think the major difference in FAW Levels is how many shots you get off curing the duration. like FAW III will get off more shots in the same amount of time as FAW I.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Ensign
# 3
10-03-2012, 07:15 AM
I looked it up to be sure, but all levels of the Fire At Will have 5 attacks on multiple ships, the only difference is the DPS improvement, with it being better with each higher level. The one obvious thing I see you losing is the ability to attack multiple targets at once. Which if you are wanting to be a tank, as most cruisers are normally good with, you lose the ability to grab the interest of the enemy ships, which opens the rest of your team to their attacks.

Not too sure about the Attack Pattern Beta though. I never really used it, and never had a problem without it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Try and stack em. Use APB with FAW. It will be better than FAW without APB
Career Officer
# 5
10-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
Try and stack em. Use APB with FAW. It will be better than FAW without APB
That's what I do on my bort and oddy, FAW1 combined with APB1 when available and add APA3 + TT1 with a zest of GDF3 when available, cycling EPtW1 & 2 and Red Matter coming outta impulse as needed.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I'd like to add that if you do use Conn Officers to reduce the CD on TT, that also gives a boost to your Attack Patterns skill, so pop that if you can anytime you use your ATB and FAW combo to improve their effectiveness.