Rihannsu
# 11
10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
and thats still not quite worth 200K, either. Seriously, these projects are incredibly overpriced.
they probably are although it depends on the size of your fleet. for large fleets its next to nothing if everyone chips in.

but this is the 7th one now. the price should not be a shock for anyone at this point and probably is not going to change anytime soon.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 12
10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
The skin so close to the fireplace is a fire hazard.

Would a dev do that in their house ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Commander
# 13
10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Guys they are always going to cost 200K. Just get used to it. The fleet system is a resource sink. You shouldn't expect a good return on your investment.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Better than the previous lame Special Project ( The worst by far ) But still pretty bad, what did it take? 10 seconds to make those chairs and tables? Gold ships... copy and paste, and Fire? Which again, is just probably a copy and paste of something already in the game... Lead Designer, has no designs of his own?

Aside from that, everything in this starbase already existed, they are just chopping down premade fleet bases and selling them at 1 piece at a time. Too bad they'll never listen to us and give us something... useful, a table and chairs is "useful" but it is the laziest table and chair design I've ever seen. Don't get me started on these out of place gold ships :/

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Dang it, I was hoping to set that up as my office
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Rihannsu
# 16
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Better than the previous lame Special Project ( The worst by far ) But still pretty bad, what did it take? 10 seconds to make those chairs and tables? Gold ships... copy and paste, and Fire? Which again, is just probably a copy and paste of something already in the game... Lead Designer, has no designs of his own?

10 seconds? i cant find a sheet of paper in 10 seconds and you expect someone to model 3d objects in that time?

To my knowledge those chairs (both fed and kfd) and table to not exist anywhere in game. they look unique and have to be made from scratch. the fire has logs under it and is clearly designed for a fireplace and the bone skull and mugato rug has to be made either from scratch or at least use some use of the existing model as a starting points.

the only thing that might be a copy and paste is the gold ships.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
10 seconds? i cant find a sheet of paper in 10 seconds and you expect someone to model 3d objects in that time?

To my knowledge those chairs (both fed and kfd) and table to not exist anywhere in game. they look unique and have to be made from scratch. the fire has logs under it and is clearly designed for a fireplace and the mugato rug has to be made either from scratch or at least use some use of the existing model as a starting points.

the only thing that might be a copy and paste is the gold ships.
As a graphic designer, I've done 3D modeling, 10 seconds is an exaggeration obviously, but not by much. Pretty sure you can find that rug and fire/logs on KDF maps. But are we really making the argument that chairs and a table, and a bunch of logs is difficult and challenging to make? Really?

Career Officer
# 18
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
As a graphic designer, I've done 3D modeling, 10 seconds is an exaggeration obviously, but not by much. Pretty sure you can find that rug and fire/logs on KDF maps. But are we really making the argument that chairs and a table, and a bunch of logs is difficult and challenging to make? Really?
Actually, those chairs are from the Prometheus style bridges so they are basically a copy and paste. Fed wise... complete waste of time. KDF side though, I am finally happy to see a fire go in that fireplace.
Rihannsu
# 19
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Finally a project that is interesting for both the FED and the KDF. My fleetmates approve. ;>

If only all limited time projects were as good...
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Actually, those chairs are from the Prometheus style bridges so they are basically a copy and paste. Fed wise... complete waste of time. KDF side though, I am finally happy to see a fire go in that fireplace.
Which leads us to another point, 200k for Fire......... If I ever thought of a definition for the word scam, cryptic would probably be the first to come to mind.