Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
# 21
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Finally! Seeing it on the map was killing me! It'll be nice to finally have this area fleshed out. This is the first project I'm actually excited for.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 716
# 22
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
and thats still not quite worth 200K, either. Seriously, these projects are incredibly overpriced.
If you don't think the price is worth it, don't buy it. My fleet didn't think the Security Guards were worth it, so we didn't even queue it up.

I will be queuing this up for my fleet, since it happens to be the exact item they were specifically wanting. With the Dilithium they saved by not investing in the security guards, it should be less painful on their reserves too.

Raptr profile
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,697
# 23
10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
As a graphic designer, I've done 3D modeling, 10 seconds is an exaggeration obviously, but not by much. Pretty sure you can find that rug and fire/logs on KDF maps. But are we really making the argument that chairs and a table, and a bunch of logs is difficult and challenging to make? Really?
i know for certain you cant find that rug anywhere. the mugato was only introduced in season 6 and there have been no klingon missions since then and ive played the ones we have enough time to know. im almost certain you cant find the chairs or the fireplace anywhere but if you can find them let me know. im happy to be proven wrong about it.


no im not making that argument at all, as i clearly never said that it was difficult or challenging as i assume the artist is a very good one and knows what he is doing but you said 10 seconds. you admit its an exaggeration which it obviously was but even now you say 'not by much'. so how long using all you expert knowledge of graphics design would it take to make all of that stuff? an hour? 6 hours? a day? 2 days. what?

how long does it take to bug test, and hook up, to add any seating animations, to link to the project start window?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 24
10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
It's nice. We as a fleet will do it as we have the rest.

But it's soon going to reach a point where we want PRACTICAL extras. We're well into Tier III now and dilithium is beginning to dictate project times. The necessity of a bang for our buck needs to be addressed Cryptic. Give us things we can use.

Also please don't neglect the exterior of the starbase. Give us things actually happening and changing. For fleets that will have spent hundreds and hundreds of potential pounds/dollars on their bases thus far. I think it's time you used that to make proper decks like the Science, Engineering & Tactical floors that are custom made, not just copy-n-pasted rooms from already existing areas. It's plain to see the Engineering deck is actually Cap's Table, it's obvious the Tactical deck was used for a couple of missions involving the Klingons and the less said about the sci deck that is in fact a deck from your ships jumbled up, the better.

Fleets are putting a lot of time, organization and resources into these grind fests of yours. The LEAST you can do it make it worthwhile. Get Tumorboy to get off his arse and give us a starbase, not just an "Ops" deck.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 25
10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Which leads us to another point, 200k for Fire......... If I ever thought of a definition for the word scam, cryptic would probably be the first to come to mind.
I defintely agree but it is something I have wanted since originally seeing that fireplace. Worth 200k DL... Definitely not! However, I am glad it is finally being added.

It is very nice to see more opinions reflecting on the massive cash grab Cryptic/PWE has turned this game into. Sadly, there are still way too many payers willing to just throw moeny in Crytpic/PWE's direction every time they copy and paste something into a new location or think up some sort of lame excuse to put it in a lock box. It's nice to see I'm not the only one around here who doesn't have my head stuck up Cryptic/PWE's arse to the point of being delusional!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 608
# 26
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
how long does it take to bug test, and hook up, to add any seating animations, to link to the project start window?
You are over analyzing this, I said how long it took to create them, not how long it took to implement them. Which again, if you consider the fact that there are already animations for sitting, the answer is probably just the same ;p

As for the chairs for KDF, if they added more ( which I am assuming ) they just copy and pasted the chair next to it, that was already there. Someone already verified that the fed chairs were from Prometheus layout, I'll have to go back to my MVAM to verify that.

The table is a transparent slab held up by white bars...

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,697
# 27
10-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
You are over analyzing this, I said how long it took to CREATE them, not how long it took to implement them. Which again, if you consider the fact that there are already animations for sitting, the answer is probably just the same ;p

As for the chairs for KDF, if they added more ( which I am assuming ) they just copy and pasted the chair next to it, that was already there. Someone already verified that the fed chairs were from Prometheus layout, I'll have to go back to my MVAM to verify that.

The table is a transparent slab held up by white bars...
i concede the fed chairs are a copy and paste job. thats fine.

you still have not told me how long it would take to create one kdf chair with its little details, one mugato rug, the bone skull, the table (however basic), the fire and logs and do his copy and pasting. i still want to know how much time we are adding to that initial 10 seconds.

and the implementation part is still important to whole the process, and i dont think that can be ignored. i respect the guy who sits down and codes it all in and does the boring bit as much as the artists who makes them.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
# 28
10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok this has probably been covered but I haven't found it so I figured I would cut to the chase with this question. Small fleet, grinding dilithium but not even half way on the current special project. What happens to the current one when the new one starts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Used to be brobinson1263. Now I have to use something different for a forum name. Guess I'll use my motorcycle model.
Forum Member since October 2009 - LTS since February 2010
Thanks for the custom Avatars back. Now I have to find my old sig
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 608
# 29
10-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
i concede the fed chairs are a copy and paste job. thats fine.

you still have not told me how long it would take to create one kdf chair with its little details, one mugato rug, the bone skull, the table (however basic), the fire and logs and do his copy and pasting. i still want to know how much time we are adding to that initial 10 seconds.

and the implementation part is still important to whole the process, and i dont think that can be ignored. i respect the guy who sits down and codes it all in and does the boring bit as much as the artists who makes them.
I think you misunderstand me, implementation is irrelevant, I'm complaining about lack of detail and effort. And again... the chair was already there, it was just copy and pasted. I should make an effort to go about KDF maps and see if I can find these other things. Speaking of effort, according to the screenshot the whitebars of the transparent slab stick out beyond the transparent slab..

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 30
10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
That's fine, I like the KDF project; the FED one looks rather cheap imo. Wouldn't call that a "conference room", we might drink some tea there nothing more.

What about some crew performing actual tasks instead of wandering like idiots in the starbase? Would definitely pay dil for that!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 AM.