Captain
# 11
09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
drokon55, if you had actually read the Google Docs document I authored with centersolace, we've already covered all those ideas.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 12
09-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Battle bridge? My ship is so small my bridge is a battle bridge. The Defiant isn't that big. I can see the top and bottom of my ship by visiting main engineering.
Captain
# 13
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Battle bridge? My ship is so small my bridge is a battle bridge. The Defiant isn't that big. I can see the top and bottom of my ship by visiting main engineering.
Even for larger vessels and with saucer seperation capabilities that may warrant a battle bridge, there simply isn't much one could do in it from a gameplay standpoint.

Hence why I didn't include it in my own proposal.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 14
09-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
I'm not sure about the Holodeck. It's a large rectangular prism with a net of photonic projectors.

Battle Bridges are featured only on ships capable of saucer separation.

Transporter room is already on Engineering deck, and Ops officer can switch you to a shuttle.

I suppose an Astrometrics lab wouldn't hurt for looking at the pretties, but a Science lab is already on Engineering.

Engineering deck already exists.

The Captain's quarters on Crew deck seem to work fine for quarters.

Runabouts wouldn't have much room to eat. Officers usually order a tray of food, and eat over the consoles.

Impossible to board a ship in combat. It would be a huge time sink to shoot down a warp core and get back in the fight. Aside from that, you have Boarding Parties to zap a subsystem.

Crew talking in combat? Definitely not. You'll have to come back in and out constantly to do anything.
Actually go back and look at TNG "Time Scape," Captain Picard, Data, Laforge and Troy were conversing and eating in mess room while runabout was on autopilot.
Captain
# 15
09-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I want to change my engine room. The way it is currently setup makes no sense in relation to the deck and ship orientation.
Ensign
# 16
09-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Perhaps if it were possible to customize our decks from a birds eye veiw and maybe purchase, move, remove and add rooms to the decks. More rooms and custom decks could be purchased for EC, Zens and/or Dilithium. These decks and rooms could then be used for missions such as those mentioned earlier. It would also be possible to make one of the rooms a holodeck. On the holodeck you could select a "mission" where you could train for space and ground combat. along with training for diplomatic and decision missions/encounters. You would be able to earn a very little reward for completing it. It would also be possible to add a new concept to community authored missions which could be run on your holodeck as programs but could only be completed if you had a holodeck. these missions or "programs" could be "downloaded" from a new tab near the comunity authored tab. as for the runabouts. you would be able to add one very little room onto the back of any small ship (these would be cheaper than the large versions). This would allow people to use their ship interiors for a purpose. I would also like to suggest that people be able to buy and add rooms for accessing the exchange, mail, bank (character and Fleet), shuttle bay, Different versions of previous rooms, battle bridge (restricted to certain ships, perhaps those with seperation consoles), cargo bay (option to store and retrieve equipment and supplies), construction bay (for building robots and androids as mentioned in first post *note: would cost alot and take a long time to build and they wouldbe weaker than those earned), etc. there would also have to be a limit on how many decks a ship would be able to contain.
Captain
# 17
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
drokon55, perhaps you could repost your ideas into the thread linked in my sig? It's a good idea to keep discussion consolidated, so that taco can respond to one thread instead of many.

I'll do my best and figure out which of your ideas could be integrated into my overall scheme.