Ensign
# 2201
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
it'll work for Champions too.. just get champions installer instead of STO like it says in the directions... it can actually run either one, I have tried it before.
Oh, so download your Wineskin for STO, then download the Champions .exe?
Career Officer
# 2202
09-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohwaypoint View Post
Oh, so download your Wineskin for STO, then download the Champions .exe?
download the wrapper and follow the directions the same way, but just substitute CO where it says STO.

You'll still have to get the full CO download, not the little downloader program.
Career Officer
# 2203
09-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I started a new thread... this one is very long and old archived post that cannot be edited.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=381881

maybe we can get the sticky changed?

I put a new 1.5.0 build up that performs a lot better... you still may get crashes in ESD and the like like it has for years... resolutions shouldn't crash anymore though, no need to set a resolution in Wineskin.app and match it up... just set your res in game like normal.

Cmd+Opt+A still multitasks, but Cmd+Enter works too... anyways it would be nice if this thread could be unstickied and locked and the other thread stickied... but not sure I know any of the mods here anymore.
Ensign
# 2204
10-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh Crap, the person who made this thread is no longer around? Or is this post simply locked or somethin'?

Either way, I need a hand, if anyone knows. Obviously, I run STO with Wineskin, and have done for almost a year, after finding this thread. I bought a new iMac three months ago, and had to reinstall it, which was the biggest nightmare i've EVER had - It took me weeks, of pulling me hair out to make it work correctly, or fit my screen, or suit my graphics. But after long enough, i got it to work and whatnot.

ANYWAY, the problem is, just this morning, straight away after clicking the icon on my Dock, after a couple of seconds, a small Error box comes up and states the following:

"Wineskin Error,

ERROR! Launching wineserver failed! No New winserver PID found!"

Can someone help me out? I'ma go nuts without STO, even if it's for a couple days.

Thanks in advance,
Jake.
Ensign
# 2205
10-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykehpuppeh View Post
Oh Crap, the person who made this thread is no longer around? Or is this post simply locked or somethin'?
Heya, Doh123 hasn't gone away - he's just started a new thread. Have a look here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=381881

Also, I'm guessing your iMac is 27"? I also had some issues with mine and I have a couple of workarounds. Try updating your wrapper first to 1.5.1 (see new thread). If that doesn't work, drop me a message :-)
Ensign
i can't get past the loading screen. i've waited for over two hours before restarting my computer because i can't do anything with it up. any help would be appreciated.

(Edit): i was using an outdated launcher

Last edited by retb14; 11-11-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Ensign
# 2207 **** You
11-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Allow It For Mac You Mother****ers
Ensign
# 2208 Season 7
11-24-2012, 07:12 PM
For some reason I can't see season 7. Is this a mac/wineskin issue? Do I need to download an update or something?
Ensign
# 2209
12-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Okay I have a imac with mountain lion on it. Before I upgraded to ml, sto worked as normal. But now with ml, I'm unable to start the application. I come as far as the startscreen and after hitting engage nothing happens.

Does anyone have a idea what's going on?
Ensign
I've installed and patched the game correctly, following the instructions in the pdf. but once I hit engage, the brightness of my desk top kicks up a notch and then just sits there. I checked the Activity Monitor and the app isn't using any CPU I also have wineskin open in the back ground just in case. The only thing I can do is force quit (regular quit by right clicking the app or crtl-q doesn't work), then the brightness returns to normal. restarting my computer nor trying the engage process multiple times helps. If anyone knows what's wrong, please help
Closed Thread