Lt. Commander
# 1 Why is Foundry Underutilized?
10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Ive was wondering, when in fact there are some extraordinary missions, which are also episodes that aren?t being utilized or added into the mainstream of the game? Is it a matter of waiting on Cryptic to change the drops for the Foundry coming? I don?t think so, as we are and have had an content drought, including the lack of episodes and missions to add into the rest of the game could and would fix this issue. Again, there are some awesome foundry missions.

Another concern or idea is that Cryptic has so many planets and systems in the game that are empty or they exist but nothing exist on them. Why not give the Foundry community layout criteria for creating a City or a Capital instead of relying on that of the dev team to do that which otherwise they could focus on other aspects of the game.

Again, Cryptic is doing a disservice to not only themselves but also that of the community. It wouldn?t be hard to layout criteria that has to be taken in order to create these worlds or capitals and what they can do and what the purpose are and for. They have already been doing this to a certain degree that I have seen, but why not on a grander scale.

Cheers,

T
Captain
# 2
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
You might like this idea:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=396061

There have a lot of similar ideas thrown out there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
You might like this idea:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=396061

There have a lot of similar ideas thrown out there.
Ah, thank you.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I think there's a lot of reasons for this, things like Foundry missions being built just very different from normal Cryptic missions. They look similar but the fundamental coding for it is just very weird, and it would be odd for them to take them and implement them into the game.

Not impossible, just weird and difficult. I think spotlighting might be the best they could do for now reasonably.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"