Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 11
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
Where does this fantasy of the Vesta costing Cryptic extra to get come from?
There was lots of extra fees/consultations - of course lawyers -etc with the designer. This is a non-cannon ship designed by a new person being paid to put it into books - owning the design rights to the ship.

Are you suggesting he would let Cryptic use it in game for free? That would be pretty stupid of him.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,027
# 12
10-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
First thing sales of the Regent were almost non-existant - I said it would bomb and it did.
Could I please see your numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I admitted in that thread later that I was deliberately going over the top - primarily to bug KDF players. But as most KDF forum goers who have tracked me since then I have been 100% supportive of the KDF and have made posts all across the forums asking them to fix things for the KDF. I asked Dan Stahl recently to put big notices in when a FED player can open up KDF - I have a thread in Game play bugs right now asking them to fix the First city re-direct - in fact since many KDF forum goers have given up asking for change I am one of the new ones on their case - so I don't think that thread you mentioned carries the same weight.
Since you do the exact same thing now you did then...what has changed?
NOTHING.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,990
# 13
10-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
First thing sales of the Regent were almost non-existant - I said it would bomb and it did.
Since you have inside information on Cryptic sales, can you tell me how many players are in game? how many Fleet are there in game? how many keys players got in the game? and exactly how many Regent's were sold?


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 14
10-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Could I please see your numbers?



Since you do the exact same thing now you did then...what has changed?
NOTHING.
I don't have numbers - but i play the game 6 hrs a day every day - all over the map - and i don't see the regent more than a couple times in the whole day.

I see the Oddy everywhere, I see the Armitage a lot, I see other FED ships a lot but almost no regents - I would call that a bomb. I don't think i am the only player that does not see the Regent very often.

And Talking about the 2 ships this one is way different - first i said that i was going over the top on the Regent which was just A REFIT of the Sov

The VESTA is the first completely new Starfleet C-Store starship to the Game since the Oddy - off course it needs to 1 up the bar.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,509
# 15
10-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Considering it was the second most common C-store cruiser I've seen in PVE queues since it released (most common if you don't count the Odysseys as a single ship) I think it's safe to guess where your inside information comes from.

If Regent sales were nonexistent, then Armitage sales were mediocre at best.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 16
10-04-2012, 08:08 AM
I sure hope the Vesta is a cruiser and not a science ship. If it does end up being a science ship, I won't be buying.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,990
# 17
10-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I don't have numbers - but i play the game 6 hrs a day every day - all over the map - and i don't see the regent more than a couple times in the whole day.

I see the Oddy everywhere, I see the Armitage a lot, I see other FED ships a lot but almost no regents - I would call that a bomb. I don't think i am the only player that does not see the Regent very often.

And Talking about the 2 ships this one is way different - first i said that i was going over the top on the Regent which was just A REFIT of the Sov

The VESTA is the first completely new Starfleet C-Store starship to the Game since the Oddy - off course it needs to 1 up the bar.
So do you right click, and look at everyone's bio when you pass every Sovereign you see in space to see if it's a Refit...or do you just assume everyone who got the ship has it on default and would not change it's look??


Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,990
# 18
10-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
I sure hope the Vesta is a cruiser and not a science ship. If it does end up being a science ship, I won't be buying.
It's going to be a sci ship, there has not been a SCI ship in the C store since the Bellerophon, and god knows how many cruisers we have already.


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 19
10-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Considering it was the second most common C-store cruiser I've seen in PVE queues since it released (most common if you don't count the Odysseys as a single ship) I think it's safe to guess where your inside information comes from.

If Regent sales were nonexistent, then Armitage sales were mediocre at best.
I don't PvE a lot any more I just fly around the stars doing doff missions - yesterday during Infected bonus day i did 20 infecteds arcoss 6 toons and saw the Regent 1 time - so maybe it was their day off.

Bottom line is this - if Cryptic want to match sales of the oddy - which as their last big investment in a ship they will HAVE to do what they did with the Oddy which was 1 up every other ship in the c-store

So by this same logic if they want the VESTA to be as successful or better than the Oddy they will have to move the bar up 1 notch - everyone will have to get the Vesta as most people felt they had to get the Oddy.

That's the way every company does things in America with the next generation of product.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 20
10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
So do you right click, and look at everyone's bio when you pass every Sovereign you see in space to see if it's a Refit...or do you just assume everyone who got the ship has it on default and would not change it's look??
I actually did that quite often in the month after the release given my post about it just to see if I was right or not. But I have not bothered in over a month.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.