Career Officer
# 11 Agreed
10-04-2012, 05:30 AM
I have a new title for this game: Fisher Price Online. Once I finally break down and try EVE, I may come back to the forums and make an official comparison. Be on a sharp lookout for my post, though, as I'm sure it will quickly be deleted. Then again, I think I'll take a more creative approach and bash this game in a way that it won't be detected right away. Either way, check the forums starting Saturday.

Anyways, there are several contributing factors to the lackluster of this game which I will explain in my future post. But you make a good points with everything that's listed.
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
People are starving to death all over the world.
Whats needed is.
Lost more food for everyone.
Cannibalism solves world hunger.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 13
10-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainconrad View Post
I have a new title for this game: Fisher Price Online. Once I finally break down and try EVE, I may come back to the forums and make an official comparison.
You'll find that EVE could easily be called "Lord of the Flies Online". Sure STO is a single player's wet dream, but Eve is a single player's screaming nightmare. I play both.
Captain
# 14
10-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
People are starving to death all over the world.
Whats needed is.
Lost more food for everyone.
It's called natural development. we (the western world) had to go through the exact same thing a few hundred years ago... Give it time.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Ensign
# 15
10-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
not only from the start of F2P, you had nothing to actually challenge you, besides PVP and STFs
They changed one part...made it grindy and took out the reward from the other one.

the way you are rewarded in this game is by spending more money, for a chance to get something...disturbing.
Or you do easy as hell missions over and over and over, again for a chance to get something.

so either you dump ridiculous amounts of money to play the game, or you spend hours ov doing repetitive things. some are even just klicking around...doff missions, those offer no challenge to a sane mind at all.

when i first heard about the game, i was so excited. i thought that it would be like 25th anniversary or judgement rites. A mix of space combat with ground missions where your goal is to solve some mysteries or riddles. i mean the space combat does not disappoint...but there is too much focus on actual combat in ground missions. Sure some combat is nice, but as in the shows, it should be moderated atleast for the FED. Klingons should be able to solve anything with their fists.

i was expecting an action adventure as ground missions, but it is one of the lamest RPG combat systems.

i can see that the feature episodes already tried to go into that direction and i appreciate it, but missions like nukara dissapoint in that regard and the lottery lootbox they offer too.

i still play it anyway, and will continue, since i'm a Trekker and the game is for free. But will i ever invest money into it? No, there is not enough encouragement and sense to do so. if i want to spend 20 ? on a lottery game...i play the actual lottery, much greater chances of winning something anyway.
Oh how I wish ground was like Star Trek the 25th aniversery game! Oh how I wish!!!!! And if space combat was more like Klingon Academy... or bridge commander... or well... anything but hte lame RPG trinity setup they have now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthaatar View Post
Sometimes, I wonder just how long some of these people who moan and whine about the game being stale have actually been playing for. I'd be willing to bet that more than most of them have been playing for at least more than 4 months.

Protip: Every game gets stale after a while. Only the few and extremely well done games ever remain fresh for longer than the general average, and, wait for it, STO was never and never claimed to be such a game.

I for one love this game and can find fun in doing other things than just getting caught up in whether or not my ship stacks up in PVP or if I can grind out the most amount of perfect STF runs in a day or whatever else.
agree with you but they really should stop marketing themselfs as a mmorpg . single player with multiplayer elements would be a fairer assesment of this game .
Career Officer
# 17
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
You'll find that EVE could easily be called "Lord of the Flies Online". Sure STO is a single player's wet dream, but Eve is a single player's screaming nightmare. I play both.
I play both STO and EVE and that is a spot on observation. STO space combat is more dynamic than EVE's approach but EVE's whole game philosophy is entirely different to STO so it's unfair to both games to try and draw any comparison.

If I had a gun against my head, I'd probably say that the graphics in EVE have the edge over STO, ships are cooler too.
Career Officer
# 18
10-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I agree with everything you have mentioned, this game has become so stagnant to me I can't even bare to spend more than 14 Min in game at all before I get bored... again, as mentioned Fleet Bases and events were great at first but now really what is there to do, I've done STFs to hell and back, I've replayed all the missions over and over till got bored with them again as well. I've actually started playing other games such as Saints Row the Third and a new MMO Beta as well, due to the lack of stuff in STO.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
agree with you but they really should stop marketing themselfs as a mmorpg . single player with multiplayer elements would be a fairer assesment of this game .
Every MMO is just a SP RPG game with MP elements. The level of MP elements is what makes the difference between MMO's but that doesn't make any MMO, including STO, any less of an MMO just because it has a different level of MP.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthaatar View Post
Every MMO is just a SP RPG game with MP elements. The level of MP elements is what makes the difference between MMO's but that doesn't make any MMO, including STO, any less of an MMO just because it has a different level of MP.
gotta disagree with you here mate this game is so far removed from its RPG tag its unbeleavable . look at the games in the past that where true rpgs , like SWG or everquest before the planes of power expansion and im guessing others could add to this .

as for SP rpg , look at classics like neverwinter nights or balders gate this game cant even touch them for immersion .