Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 31
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
From the looks of it, shouldn it be a starter ship or T2 or something like that?

Not only is it ugly as ****, but it also looks clumsy.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 32
10-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
To allude to the thread's title:

No ship should ever be built intentionally OP. If the ship is undesired (new part refitted Sovvy - I mean Regent) then it may/will bomb, but if a ship is relatively/highly desired, it will be bought despite the statistics.

To wit: Tier 1 TOS Connie.

Onto the next part, the financials: Typically, there is a flat licensing fee then a percentage of profit paid as royalties. I don't think Cryptic / PWE, or any company for that matter, would pay a licensing fee so high that said fee would eat up all anticipated profits. If sales are expected to be low, then the usual offer is "low license, high royalties" - get the license out and pray it's effective enough to generate major high royalties, or, for major sellers, the goal is "high license, low royalties" basically the "we paid for it up front and make a killing off the sales later" plan... What makes a successful manager / company is knowing (taking this case) whether the Vesta is desired enough to make "high license, low royalties" the plan, or is the Vesta a major gamble that going "low license high royalty" might be the way to keep the lion's share of the limited income pool from the Vesta.
very good point - now what one would cryptic do? And if they choose the high licence does that mean they will make the ship super OP to make sales huge and win on that side?
Captain
# 33
10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I said the first new Starfleet starship - the Atrox is not a Starfleet produced Starship ... so yes it does not count.
You know the amusing thing?

I dont see many Atrox around, sure they exist (I use one) but its a slow turning carrier and there are not really that many Carrier captains around, even in KDF (but KDF have more of them) and, of course, the Armitage is just a easier ship to handle and have taken some Carrier Captains away from the Atrox.

And I am sorry but the Atrox is a Federation Carrier, dont try to win argument by saying "it does not count" since by extent that would mean EVERY SINGLE Non-Klingon design would also "not count" since they are Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan/Fek'Ihri.

Oh and does the D'Kyr count?

You just tried to ignore his point, that was you have no way to know how well did the Regent sold because it have FOUR possible skins, considering how the Sovereign refit was asked again and again its no wonder if people that brought it are using the Sovereign skin, also there are people that could brought it for the Wide Angle Launcher for their other ships, unlike the Odyssey and the Atrox that only have one possible hull configuration and so are easy to identify and also have no unique console/weapons that can be used on other ships.
Captain
# 34
10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
You know the amusing thing?

I dont see many Atrox around, sure they exist (I use one) but its a slow turning carrier and there are not really that many Carrier captains around, even in KDF (but KDF have more of them) and, of course, the Armitage is just a easier ship to handle and have taken some Carrier Captains away from the Atrox.

And I am sorry but the Atrox is a Federation Carrier, dont try to win argument by saying "it does not count" since by extent that would mean EVERY SINGLE Non-Klingon design would also "not count" since they are Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan/Fek'Ihri.
Ok I said Starfleet produced ship - the Atrox was not produced by Starfleet - so yes I am still right. The ship is not a ship that is considered a typical starfleet ship - AKA almost all starfleet ships follow a typical Human produced design - even all Vulcan starfleet officers fly the Starfleet produced ships - as in the DS9 eps where they play a baseball game with Captain Sisko.

And about the KDF - they also consider a Klingon ship to be one produced by Klingons and not some other race.
Career Officer
# 35
10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Isn't the Vesta supposed to be a destroyer class? I am sure a dev said something like that and if that is the case, I expect this ship to have similar stats to the Mobius because that too is a destroyer!
Republic Veteran
# 36
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
very good point - now what one would cryptic do? And if they choose the high licence does that mean they will make the ship super OP to make sales huge and win on that side?
no they wont make a ship super OP, one that would kill the joke they call PVP for good. Making an OP ship will throw that casket in the ground throwing some gas on it, lighting it on fire, having the fire spread to the whole cemetery, collect the insurance money, and splitting town.

Why would they make a 30 year old ship, the most powerful ship in game, the ship to rule them all...the ship that would have players saying..."your 29th century star ships are nothing to me, for I am god".

Yeah it's not going to happen, also why would they make it better than the Flagship of the Federation I can see them making it 3000 Zen, if they choose not to make a fleet ship out of it later, and just give it a nth console now.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 37
10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Ok I said Starfleet produced ship ...
Irrelevant, it only matters what the players can use ... not were it come from.

Also dont give me the "typical human design" because the Defiant sure as hell does not follow it and the Akira is pretty far off too.
Captain
# 38
10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
no they wont make a ship super OP, one that would kill the joke they call PVP for good. Making an OP ship will throw that casket in the ground throwing some gas on it, lighting it on fire, having the fire spread to the whole cemetery, collect the insurance money, and splitting town.

Why would they make a 30 year old ship, the most powerful ship in game, the ship to rule them all...the ship that would have players saying..."your 29th century star ships are nothing to me, for I am god".

Yeah it's not going to happen, also why would they make it better than the Flagship of the Federation I can see them making it 3000 Zen, if they choose not to make a fleet ship out of it later, and just give it a nth console now.
First off if you think PvP will ever be brought back to life or rescued from the grave - I have some ocean view property in the very centre of the Sahara Desert to sell you.

Second the ship was a 1 shot - 1 kill Borg tactical Cube destroyer so yes it was pretty OP
Empire Veteran
# 39
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Roach don't be sarcastic you know this only applies to the KDF!
But the moment screamed for sarcasm.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 40
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
But the moment screamed for sarcasm.
I was more than a little disappointed that the KDF time ship did not come with a Cloak - I mean it did not have to have a battle clock - but none at all - have they given up on cloak in the 29th century? So As of yet I have not gotten one. I am waiting to see if the price drops on the Destroyer.