Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 41
10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
I think you're posting in the wrong thread then.

This isn't a shuttle ship thread.
But it's not a Sci Sci thread either, eh?

Thread title:

How to build a sci to make people throw stuff...

So the question arises - would his shuttle build cause people to throw stuff? He says he's been thrown out of three fleets - heh, does him being thrown count as causing people to throw stuff?

Still though, not everybody has the skill to fly shuttles so it might be better suited to a separate advanced topic on the matter...
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
"How to buld a sci to make people throw stuff 2.0" is the title of the thread.

I just described a science stealth build to make people throw stuff.
Banned
# 43
10-04-2012, 09:16 AM
It's a sci ship thread.

Pure and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
lol

a little late

look, i am having fun with the ol game, and kinda poking at super builds

with the right team you can be an asset, zapping in with specialty weapons, getting out asap - and sometimes hanging for a firefight longer then you should be able to

like i said, i think its kinda cool that a shuttle hitting a carrier with an isometr4ic charge has validity in pvp

its trek, useing ol fed wits to do stuff kinda thing
Captain
# 45
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
It's a sci ship thread.

Pure and simple.
Then you need to go back and delete your non-Sci ships.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=12
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=14
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=32
Banned
# 46
10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I think you need to acquaint yourself with the real use of the BOP and the dire lack of sci ships on the kdf side.

And I think you need to leave my thread. You don't get to dictate the content.
Captain
# 47
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and
Policies
. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-05-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Banned
# 48
10-04-2012, 10:02 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and
Policies
. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-05-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Captain
# 49
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
I use Jam sensors as the bridge officers in case someone locks on with tractor beam, but
polarize hull is another option.
You might get more bang for your buck out of Polarize than Jam for the reason that you're using it. Polarize lasts longer, isn't a single target ability, and doesn't fade if you're attacking the target.

Personally, I only use a Jam BOFF in Ker'rat when I'm farming batteries while chatting. There are so many BoP pilots that have no idea what to do when they're about to alpha you and...they can't. I suppose that might work against PUGs in instances as well - but I generally go with something else in A/C&H. But in Ker'rat, I could definitely see some of them wanting to throw things...lol.

And while it wouldn't fit your particular situation, speaking of annoying and fun things to do with Jam involves a BoP, Jam, Repulsors, an Engine batt, and a Tact Cube in Ker'rat. Decloak, jam, pop the batt, hit the repulsors, and drive them into the cube. Odds are they won't think about what they're doing, they'll spam their spacebar, end up aggroing the cube, as you cloak and fly away.

I suppose that's one of the reasons I mainly fly Sci, regardless of ship, there are just so many things you can do to annoy other players...
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-05-2012, 03:46 AM
"You might get more bang for your buck out of Polarize than Jam for the reason that you're using it. Polarize lasts longer, isn't a single target ability, and doesn't fade if you're attacking the target."

yeah, good poiunt, i switch back and forth and rested on the jam cause everyone hates it (lol)

but i think i er think on this shuttle thing and have been all across the board

i tried the ferengi universal console and it took up a nbeeded weapon slot so ditched it in favor of a specialty console again

i was thinking maybe the borg console, ferengi consile ande imnpulse or photonic swithc off in the remaining slot

but i am still at the romulan mysteryt and do like an episode every 3 months (lol)

thnaks for the reply

oh yeah, a shuttle with a scienc officer is a science ship

i thi8nk alot of people think they own the game or soemthng