Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Republic Veteran
# 41
10-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
First off if you think PvP will ever be brought back to life or rescued from the grave - I have some ocean view property in the very centre of the Sahara Desert to sell you.

Second the ship was a 1 shot - 1 kill Borg tactical Cube destroyer so yes it was pretty OP
I don't care what it was in the book, it's not going to be a one shot ship in the game.

Did I say PVP was ever going to get better nooooo, I said it will thorw that closed casket of PVP into ok you already read it that part.

So you can kick and scream canon that in the book it's suppose to one shot borg, but that wont happen in a mmo, maybe a single player game with cheat codes. There is a MOD of the ship for Bridge commander where you can one shot all you want.

Starfleet Veteran
# 42
10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
First off if you think PvP will ever be brought back to life or rescued from the grave - I have some ocean view property in the very centre of the Sahara Desert to sell you.

Second the ship was a 1 shot - 1 kill Borg tactical Cube destroyer so yes it was pretty OP
which of the books was that ? since im not seeing it . book and page number plz :p
if i remember it took out a sphere with its cannons , since borg hadnt adapated to those , but for the majority of the destiny books ONLY the enterprise was carrying the transphasic torpedo which one shot the cubes

wasnt until the last book that they were issued to all ships in a last ditch effort , and even THEN i dont think the aventine got them
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016

Last edited by rrincy; 10-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Captain
# 43
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't see what the big problem is with Pay-To-Win

It's as American(and now Chinese) as apple pie

Just look every year sports teams trying to pay the most money for the best players to have an advantage through money over the other players/teams

When online games started the people with the fastest computers had the advantage - did Intel said "well we won't make them more powerful for balance" - no they said pay up and upgrade if you want to win.

I could go on ALL day how pay-to-win is in almost every aspect of American society/games/life/sports etc etc etc - so why not STO?
Empire Veteran
# 44
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
I was more than a little disappointed that the KDF time ship did not come with a Cloak - I mean it did not have to have a battle clock - but none at all - have they given up on cloak in the 29th century? So As of yet I have not gotten one. I am waiting to see if the price drops on the Destroyer.
Its is what happened from the negative federation influence after we joined the UFP.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its is what happened from the negative federation influence after we joined the UFP.
an insidious plot against the empire indeed
12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 46
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
I don't see what the big problem is with Pay-To-Win

It's as American(and now Chinese) as apple pie

Just look every year sports teams trying to pay the most money for the best players to have an advantage through money over the other players/teams

When online games started the people with the fastest computers had the advantage - did Intel said "well we won't make them more powerful for balance" - no they said pay up and upgrade if you want to win.

I could go on ALL day how pay-to-win is in almost every aspect of American society/games/life/sports etc etc etc - so why not STO?
I have to admit. You are correct sir.

The people paying the large sums of cash for an advantage.. want an advantage, and they should get it. Fair or not, this is how it is.

Those who use free ships and consoles aren't as important as the people supporting the game in a financial way.. from a business standpoint.

Why would people pay big money for a car or house if it isn't bigger and better than public housing and a city bus lol.
Republic Veteran
# 47
10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
I have to admit. You are correct sir.

The people paying the large sums of cash for an advantage.. want an advantage, and they should get it. Fair or not, this is how it is.

Those who use free ships and consoles aren't as important as the people supporting the game in a financial way.. from a business standpoint.

Why would people pay big money for a car or house if it isn't bigger and better than public housing and a city bus lol.
Yeah, then after everyone buys the god ship, then you would make another one stronger faster, then another one, and another till you end up with a ship that has 100 consoles. not to mention that would mean most people will be flying the same ship to stay up to date, also it forces players have to buy ships with no choice at all to keep up with the other players, or get left behind.

I don't know many MMO's where everyone is happy with having buy the I win stuff.

Captain
# 48
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Yeah, then after everyone buys the god ship, then you would make another one stronger faster, then another one, and another till you end up with a ship that has 100 consoles. not to mention that would mean most people will be flying the same ship to stay up to date, also it forces players have to buy ships with no choice at all to keep up with the other players, or get left behind.

I don't know many MMO's where everyone is happy with having buy the I win stuff.
I am not a big MMO player - in fact this is my first and only one. But I will ask about the one that everyone agrees is the biggest and most financially successfull - WOW. Does wow have a pay-to-win system?
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
10-04-2012, 11:28 AM
not in the slightest
all gear is earned in game
12th Fleet
Career Officer
# 50
10-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post

Hey man I agree.

i dont think it should be Pay to win at all.

should be earned by some hardcore grinding or boss battles. IMO