Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
10-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
Diminishing returns start making additional investment impractical beyond a numerical Efficiency level of about 90. If you don't have the Efficient passive, you still need 4 ranks in Warp Core Efficiency even if you have 5 Efficient BOffs. Efficient passive and 5 BOffs should have only 3 ranks in Warp Core Efficiency. Everyone should have at least 3.
really? i did a little experimenting with this and wasn't sure if to much potential was good or working against myself. does this also assume you have 6 in all performance skills? and then there is leach on top of that. does that power stack on top of your efficient bonus, or does it work against that too?

on both kdf i have all efficient lethians, think it raised all my lower energy level by 5.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 10-04-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 12
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the efficient doff gives a numerical value, I believe a +5 to warp core efficiency. This would be the same as putting a point in the skill tree in the red zone.
Captain
# 13
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingj View Post
I'm pretty sure the efficient doff gives a numerical value, I believe a +5 to warp core efficiency. This would be the same as putting a point in the skill tree in the red zone.
It's not a flat bonus, it's scaled- more bonus @ less power.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Commander
# 14
10-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
really? i did a little experimenting with this and wasn't sure if to much potential was good or working against myself. does this also assume you have 6 in all performance skills? and then there is leach on top of that. does that power stack on top of your efficient bonus, or does it work against that too?

on both kdf i have all efficient lethians, think it raised all my lower energy level by 5.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ore+efficiency

This is the best study I've seen on the subject, to-date. Beyond that, all I have is personal experience with my own builds. You can see, however, that returns on increasing Efficiency seem to drop off rapidly beyond about 90, consistently, through all his tests. My experience confirms this.
Career Officer
# 15
10-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I am almost sure leech adds to everything. I will do some tests to see if leech gain will nullify the gain from efficiency though, which is fairly easy.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...