Empire Veteran
# 11
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
3 and 4 i knew just by looking at the tooltips, as as far as i know theres no way to specifically resist electricity you can only do so with general damage resistance buffs... 5 i kind of figured, but without any points in particle generators i guess it's just really hard to notice the increase from the boosters since its not a large number increase.

as for the consoles i might have to sacrifice those, as my ships rather squeezed for consoles, are there any space sets that boost Particle Generators in the Deflector?

I thought they might crit, but was unsure about that. thouh i'll have to remember the 5km limit to jumps to get the best effect out of it.
Well, don't feel like it's necessary to use particle gen consoles, I just wanted to mention it.

And so far as I know, Honor Guard and Omega Force Deflectors both give Particle Gens. However, any generic Tachyon Deflector (I think tachyon) will also buff Particle gens. If not, than maybe Graviton ones.

Gravity wells are your friend with it though, because there's no worry since everything will be bunched up. And on top of that, it can still jump from a dead (but unexploded) ship. 5 km is also good to keep in mind if going against Klingon NPCs, because any Negh'vars you fight can use it as well.

Anyways, yes, I have seen it critical, and no, no screenshots. But it can get up that high some times.

Oh yes, something I forgot earlier, for Klingon players, is that if you use Plasmonic leech, use Iso will make Leech work as well.

Lieutenant
# 12
10-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Well, from what Ive read so far in this thread, this console seems to be perfect for my sci toon. She is fullx specced in particle generators for a nebula-PSW-tank build (I have PG at about 220 with 3 PG-consoles). And I also got a Wells. So, this seems to be the perfect combination! I have to try that out!:-)
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Out of curiosity, is there an unlisted "Chance to jump" stat which isn't listed in the tooltip? Seems about half the time my Sci fires the thing and gets only a single hit out of a group of grav well targets. Rather irritating considering teh 3 minute cooldown lol.
Captain
# 14
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
There shouldn't be a "Chance to jump", I believe it's 100%. You might not be noticing it jumping because of them being so clustered together, it's hard to see it transfer between targets.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Republic Veteran
# 15
10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
re-arranged some of my consoles on my Mobius and managed to get 2 Particle Gen consoles. got 3 points in Particle Generators stats so far. Also just bought a Tachyon Deflector with the [PrtG] modifier, which gives it a +22.5 to Particle Generators instead of the normal Tach Deflector bonus of +15. right now unbuffed it does about 6k damage to the first target and 21k to the 4th target. with just my attack patterns on it buffs up to 10k to the first target and 34k to the 4th target.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.