Cryptic Studios Team
# 31
10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
That gas (at least at some stations here in San Jose) has hit $5.00/gallon . . ugh. . .
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 32
10-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
That gas (at least at some stations here in San Jose) has hit $5.00/gallon . . ugh. . .
Lucky bastards.... over here it's at 9.95$! And we're an oil exporting country!
Career Officer
# 33
10-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
Lucky bastards.... over here it's at 9.95$! And we're an oil exporting country!
One thing to remember: Oil is not only used for gasoline. Its used for making plastics, other chemicals, etc. Market forces dictate that you use your resources in the most valuable way possible. Even if you doubled your capacity because of a new oil field being discovered, it wouldn't lower your gas prices because your country would most likely export it all.

Also, Where do you live? That high of price indicates you may be in Europe where gas subsidizes a very, very robust public transportation system.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-05-2012, 07:00 AM
That when Adam Baldwin's "Leverage" character was being questioned by Senators about a prvious spook team he had worked with, they were reffering to his time on "Chuck"
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
10-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
"Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." Steven Chu, 2008.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
"Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." Steven Chu, 2008.
Said a guy who then and still doesn't own or drive a car, but has a government service drive him everywhere
Career Officer
# 37
10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
One thing to remember: Oil is not only used for gasoline. Its used for making plastics, other chemicals, etc. Market forces dictate that you use your resources in the most valuable way possible. Even if you doubled your capacity because of a new oil field being discovered, it wouldn't lower your gas prices because your country would most likely export it all.

Also, Where do you live? That high of price indicates you may be in Europe where gas subsidizes a very, very robust public transportation system.
Still, oil producing countries generally have access to cheaper gasoline. Here however, we have insane taxes on gasoline and public transport is virtually non-existent outside the "bigger" cities. And yes, I live outside the bigger cities... Here it's drive or walk... or ski... I'm in Norway after all...

Quote:
Norway officially has the most expensive petrol in the world.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...-make-ten.html
Captain
# 38
10-05-2012, 05:12 PM
That siestas are wonderful things that every country and culture should adopt.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 39
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
The more I fiddle with my boffs appearance, the more they begin to resemble the cast of Farscape.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.