Ensign
# 1 Plasmonic Leech
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Plasmonic Leech comes with with the Vandal Destroyer (KDF) and if you use it and add 9000 simple skill points to Fluid capacitors you can gain +16 (at least) to all power levels and on top of that (-16) to your targets power levels as long as you keep firing on it.

That's +64 combined power gain and it doesn't disappear as long as you keep firing (it stacks 10 times).

Now my question is does this item seem balanced with the rest of the game?
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
To start off, not sure if serious, or trolling.

Now then...

It stacks 8 times, up to 2 power per stack, capping at up to 16. In turn, the person being drained cannot be drained more than 16, even if being shot at by multiple ships using PL. But each person can still gain up to the plus 16 energy across the board regardless. On top of that, the power drain can be resisted.

So, I believe it is balanced with the rest of the game, since the Federation has things like MACO shields, which can gain up to 10 power per system, for a total of 40, only needing to be shot at to work, and requiring no skill points to use.

MACO is generally considered overpowered as well, since it's gained from an STF, requires no skill points to use, gives guaranteed power level, with ironically a good means to counter it: Plasmonic Leech. (Although other things can work too)

So, yes, it could be overpowered and unbalanced in the eyes of some people, but it's balanced in the larger scheme of things, because BOTH sides have really powerful advantages.

Besides all that, Plasmonic Leech has been nerfed, buffed, broken, and fixed so many times it's a far far thing from what it originally was anyway, and it really needs no more changes.

In short: IT'S FINE.

Rihannsu
# 3
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
this is rumored to be the next fed console from cross faction console boxes. I'd much rather have Aceton though.
Commander
# 4
10-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Plasmonic Leech isn't as powerful as you think it is, on KDF characters. On the other hand, if you add it to Fed characters with MACO sets, it becomes a one-two punch to which the KDF has no counter. Feds don't need it, unless the KDF can get the MACO set in exchange.

Leave it the way it is; it's fine.
Captain
# 5
10-05-2012, 03:28 AM
I think the Isometric charge was just the first test case - the other 2 consoles - leech and acton will be metered out over the next 2 lock boxes

The game is becoming much more about $$$ and less about balance, so that argument is mute for them not to do it.

The only thing I wonder is what consoles would they offer the KDF. The wide angle is not an option because it's too new.
Ensign
# 6
10-05-2012, 03:47 AM
MACO shields does add 10 to each power level giving it a potential + 40 to all power levels in all.

Still Plasmonic Leech can give you 64 with a possible - 64 to your enemy's power levels for a possible total of 128 in differential.

And i still ask is this balanced in a game where you otherwise have to nickle and dime your powerlevels?

Is the stacking a necessary feature in these two items?
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperblack1 View Post
MACO shields does add 10 to each power level giving it a potential + 40 to all power levels in all.

Still Plasmonic Leech can give you 64 with a possible - 64 to your enemy's power levels for a possible total of 128 in differential.

And i still ask is this balanced in a game where you otherwise have to nickle and dime your powerlevels?

No it can't. It does not drain near that much, not with a maxed Flow Capacitors skill, stacked Flow capacitors consoles and even using Equipment that enhances flow capacitors.

Go read the many threads on the Plasmonic Leech and how its already been discussed at length by the PvP/PvE community and the Devs, learn how its was nerfed to balanced to not over stack and stop spreading false information and causing other players to freakout over something that is not true.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 8
10-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperblack1 View Post

Get your facts straight, lol
Nickel and dime power levels? Coordinated team can have 125 to every subsystem almost indefinately. There are a myriad of ways with which to buff your power levels, and equally powerful ways to resist incoming power drains.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
# 9
10-05-2012, 04:55 AM
I stand by my assessment that both PWE/Cryptic *and* the Klingon faction would benefit from Account Binding all C-Store ship consoles and weapons, as well as all STF gear, until equipped. (and of course, the UFP benefits, but don't they always benefit?)

I don't feel that console boxes are a big draw for lockbox keys, ships are. That said, I have sold every crossover console reward I have ever got from opening a box... because I had bought them on the Exchange long before I got one in a box.

Offering them as Account Bind on ships (and Account Binding STF gear) allows both factions to obtain any combination in the game, gives a strong reason to play and level a faction you might not normally, making all design content much more relevent, and allows the team to design faction-specific c-store ships without needing to consider if that faction has enough draw to make it profitable - both factions will buy it.

Would you rather spend 2000 Zen opening boxes and not getting a console reward pack, or 2000 Zen on a factional ship you need a properly leveled member of that faction to obtain? (With a guarantee you get that console or weapon)

I know I personally would play my Federation character (at all) if it meant I could ship an Account Bind On Pickup MACO shield and a wide-angle torpedo to my KDF character.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 10-05-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Captain
# 10
10-05-2012, 05:04 AM
As a real world example - all countries with the capability will try and often succeed in eventually stealing military tech from the enemy. Americans and Soviets being the biggest modern day examples.

So it would make sense that both sides eventually get all faction specific items.