Starfleet Veteran
My spotlight mission 'broke' because suddenly all the spawn points went below geometry trapping everyone when they loaded like Lt. J.G. Van Mayter in the TNG ep 'In theory'.

That was not cool guys, not cool.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-05-2012, 03:59 PM
IIRC there was a fix for an issue with NPCs falling through the floor of several maps. It's the only recent fix I can think of that may have affected it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
My spotlight mission 'broke' because suddenly all the spawn points went below geometry trapping everyone when they loaded like Lt. J.G. Van Mayter in the TNG ep 'In theory'.

That was not cool guys, not cool.
That sucks.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 4
10-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
IIRC there was a fix for an issue with NPCs falling through the floor of several maps. It's the only recent fix I can think of that may have affected it.
Funny thing is that I have experienced just that several times as a player, since then.

Oops.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-07-2012, 06:55 PM
as best I can tell you the way things 'used' to work is that if an object was in collision with another object, the game would 'bump' them above the object to avoid them becoming stuck. Now my thought is that y coordinate=y coordinate with no adjustment. That is fine, but if people have been guessing incorrectly about how tall an object is they migth create a spawn point on top of, well like I said go watch In Theory and see what teh result is, only you are buried alive....buried alive