Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I think a more fair comparison is Fleet Ning'tao vs. B'rel retrofit.

The B'rel has a higher turn rate (by 1), a larger shield modifier (.8 vs. .66), a stronger hull (21,000 vs. 16,500), and the Enhanced Battle Cloak.

The Fleet Ning'tao's advantages are one additional boff power and a larger crew (75 vs 30).

Their consoles and weapons are the same. Their cost in IRL money is also the same: 2000Z for the B'rel vs. 4 FSMs for the Ning'tao.

I think that, at the very least, they should have the same hull strength and shield mod. Don't tell me that there are any Lt. Commander powers in the game that offset the Ning'tao's disadvantages, because there aren't.
Career Officer
# 12
10-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
The Fleet Ning'tao's advantages are one additional Ltc boff power...

I think that, at the very least, they should have the same hull strength and shield mod. Don't tell me that there are any Lt. Commander powers in the game that offset the Ning'tao's disadvantages, because there aren't...
I think bringing it closer to the B'rel would be ok, the B'rel is a pretty frail ship to begin with and fleet ships are supposed to be better than even C-store ships.

Captain
# 13
10-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
You can disagree all you like.

It's an innate power, and it exists whether you like it or not; whether you think it's overpowered, underpowered or overrated.

If you want to argue those points go for it, but what you're doing is different - what you're doing is selectively choosing the aspects you feel like comparing while selectively ignoring others.

If you think this ship was not specifically balanced due to the BOFF layout you're just kidding yourself.

BOFFs are part of a ship and dictate what a ship can do, and getting 3 Universal Ltc powers and 1 Universal CMD level power on a ship that can cloak and mount DHCs is exactly why this ship ended up with the hull it did.

To be clear, that's the best BOFF layout in the entire game. It can basically recreate any current BOFF layout only better - trading out an Ensign slot for what works out to be an extra Ltc slot. The only thing keeping that in-line is that BoPs lend themselves to a couple of very specific styles of play due to...their hull and shields.

Again, as I said before, if you want to argue the Hull and Shields are too low for what you get in return - be my guest.

Purposefully ignoring part of a ship's design so you can toss up a bunch of numbers in red and cry foul is disingenuous at best.

The Fleet chart in the SB list is just a list, there's nothing there that puts ship vs. ship in some kind of opposing faction table or chart.

You're just seeing what you want to see, again selectively choosing the things you want to push and selectively ignoring things that are inconvenient to pushing that agenda.
The only person "pushing his agenda" here is you. Be as opinionated as you like. That's your prerogative. To me it has always been nothing more than a trifling bag of hot air.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
10-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
The only person "pushing his agenda" here is you. Be as opinionated as you like. That's your prerogative. To me it has always been nothing more than a trifling bag of hot air.
Correction, I'm stating facts.

You're stating things that are your opinion and putting them forward as facts, such as cloaking being "overrated" and therefore not part of a ship's stats.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-06-2012 at 11:29 PM.