Captain
# 121
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
the chairs are also used all around Starfleet acdemey - except the are solid white

i am on the hunt for the table
Starfleet Veteran
# 122
10-05-2012, 02:29 PM

I demand Federation special project be redone.

As a paying customer

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 123
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I believe i have also found the 200k dilth table - similar to the chairs inside the booths at SFA - not the exact same - must have clicked a button to change a color - must have taken a lot of work.

But unlike the ones in SFA I am going to keep this location a secret - like a scavanger hunt - you have to go out and find it!

Or not and just keep paying for the 200k "Special" projects
Captain
# 124
10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post

I demand Federation special project be redone.

As a paying customer

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Come on really? Do they say this stuff is been designed specifically for the starbase and not being re-used from some other location? Are they giving the indications that this is anything other than Cosmetic junk? Are they really saying this is something special that you won't find anywhere else in the game?

I think it's pretty clear after the first one that they were just a dilth scam - and a silly one at that given the cost to upgrade - you would think these things should come with the 650,000 dilth cost for the tier upgrades!! Well Tier 3 costs 600k on just the upgrade I for get the others.
Career Officer
# 125
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't know if BranFlakes or any of the Devs are paying any attention this thread anymore, but on the off chance they are, for what it's worth, I too would like to request this project be given a touch-up pass. It would be great if the wall ships could be properly aligned. Secondly, having the actual surface of the table match the visual surface of the table would be a nice thing to have as well (so things don't sink into the table).

Hopefully this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Kind regards,

Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 126
10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Come on really? Do they say this stuff is been designed specifically for the starbase and not being re-used from some other location? Are they giving the indications that this is anything other than Cosmetic junk? Are they really saying this is something special that you won't find anywhere else in the game?

I think it's pretty clear after the first one that they were just a dilth scam - and a silly one at that given the cost to upgrade - you would think these things should come with the 650,000 dilth cost for the tier upgrades!! Well Tier 3 costs 600k on just the upgrade I for get the others.

Just because they make it, and sell it, doesn't mean it shouldn't have some level of quality control.

So far this is
  • Buggy your legs go through the side, and feet go through the top.
  • Out of Place, the gold ships are completely random and located in an odd and completely nonsense way. Not even the bars on the table are proper length They STICK OUT and prod your legs, the disc things on the table... aren't even EVENLY Placed...
  • Reused, they reused half of this, chairs, gold ships, I wouldn't be surprised if the bottom of the table was reused.
  • Ugly, A decorators nightmare.

We want quality, not garbage, sorry if you don't feel the same way, but this is garbage, particularly federation side.

"Special Feature" my left eye.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 10-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Captain
# 127
10-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:

Just because they make it, and sell it, doesn't mean it shouldn't have some level of quality control.

We want quality, not garbage, sorry if you don't feel the same way, but this is garbage, particularly federation side.

"Special Feature" my left eye.

Oh I feel it is 100% garbage and a complete waste of 200k dilth and that is why I choose not to do most of these projects. I think if more people choose not to do them maybe they will get the point.
Captain
# 128
10-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
  • Buggy your legs go through the side, and feet go through the top.
Its even worse... the hit box for the table is actually misplaced... you actually run into a an invisiprim (and can see a shadow) at the opposite end of the table with the chair at the head of it where the table should be.

Its like they originally wanted the table in one spot, but then decided to move it and didnt update the hit box.
Career Officer
# 129
10-06-2012, 02:08 AM
I don't have an issue with the pricing because it is supposed to spread over a fleet of potentially 500 people, if smaller fleets choose to go ahead with these fluff projects then fine but know you will have to pay proportionally more.

I do have an issue with the quality of the finished items, and in this case the design which I think is not brilliant, not bad but not that exciting. I went for it because that space needed something in it, having seen it now all the same quality control issues raise their heads just as they did with the Enterprise pictures.

Why is the quality control so poor on these projects?

Does QA exist at Cryptic in the way we all feel it should or is QA the responsibility of each involved DEV as and when they do the work?

Mewi is right, re-using assets is fine if it's an episode or part of the whole, but this is not part of the whole, it IS THE WHOLE, you are passing off second hand wares as new and exciting but they are not, they are items that in the most part already exist and have just been slotted into place. All those of us who work in the foundry know just how terribly easy that is. I am no expert but I'm pretty sure I could put all that into place in a foundry mission in a few hours and I haven't been on the foundry for months now, the DEVs have much better tools and it is their full time job, so whilst 10 sec is an exaggeration, it is only that to make the point.

Overall then, from a distance it looks fine, close up it looks shoddy, and now we know they are re-used assets I feel cheated.

Cryptic, what we need is an update to this, let's make it really special, I suggest an ultra modern table with more seating, a holographic display above one end, a presentation screen on the wall showing alternating images, chairs that are not miles from the table, correct collision boxes, a closeable door and selectable ships that are not stuck in the wall like some sort of multiphasic cloak accident.

If you guys want us to continue buying into this then you had better offer something worth while, I know you can do it, don't let me down.
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Ok now I liked this one. Could it be possible in the future if you are going to do more cosmetic projects if you could give us a TOS look? I mean I hear the retro look is back in style.

Thank you for the boardroom!
<div align=center>http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/205090/New_new_WP_Banner_copy.png</div>