Empire Veteran
# 11
10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Well i just hope that these individual projects aren't zen sinks, because it would mean we should start to pay to play the game itself. I'm already gold just to support the game itself (no point being gold for another purpose) and i don't intend to pay to play. If there are dil costs and a ****ton of doffs to toss into these projects I think you can close the game right now because season 7 will be an epic fail.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-05-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-05-2012, 07:01 PM
if the omega fleet reputation system will be based on the fleet advancement system but on a single character level, i would guess it would look something like this:

1000 fleet marks
100 edcs
20 non-civilian duty officers
20 cordazine hypo
20 immunosupport nanite injector
5 prototype borg salvage
1 prototype weapon tech

and probably a "omega fleet module" (similar to the fleet ship module used to purchase fleet ships).

i'm hoping this will not be the case.
Career Officer
# 13
10-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Since when has the 700 Day Vet Reward been a "Side Project" of a particular Dev????

One would think something like that would be important to the overall team...

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 14
10-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
if the omega fleet reputation system will be based on the fleet advancement system but on a single character level, i would guess it would look something like this:

1000 fleet marks
100 edcs
20 non-civilian duty officers
20 cordazine hypo
20 immunosupport nanite injector
5 prototype borg salvage
1 prototype weapon tech

and probably a "omega fleet module" (similar to the fleet ship module used to purchase fleet ships).

i'm hoping this will not be the case.
What ever it is you can be dang sure it'll cost ZEN.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Empire Veteran
# 15
10-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
What ever it is you can be dang sure it'll cost ZEN.
Well if it does we can collectively decide to boycott season 7 content.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-05-2012, 07:19 PM
What did you expect from each Ask Cryptic? PvP is dead. Get it over.
Career Officer
# 17
10-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Edited original response for brevity:
Quote:
Q: (tilarium1979) Why do projects die as staff rotates out or take leaves of absence? 700-day veteran android, First Officer, Department Heads, Off-Duty clothing revamp, etc ? all were close to being done, but then the person(s) working on it left the dev team (or on a leave of absence) and the project was scrapped.

Dstahl: ...Many times, these are after work projects, or items never scheduled to be in the game, that the individual owners wanted to get done out of their own desires to answer player feedback. So when that person leaves, it is not always the case that the feature was anywhere near done, nor is it the case that they had communicated what their intentions where to begin with. We allow this level of entrepreneurial spirit on the team, but as I'm well aware, when you communicate what you would "like" to do, it can haunt you when it doesn't get done. For the most part, the individuals who mentioned these features should not have done so until they were certain they could be implemented...
While that may be the case for the last three, it surely doesn't apply to the 700 day vet reward. We've had several dev comments on that one and their progress towards fixing it, including the big thread about it. Also, in previous Ask Cryptic's you have specifically responded to questions about the 700 day vet reward problems and possible resolution. It would be nice to get a straight answer and not a different one each month.

Quoted from June Ask Cryptic:
Quote:
Q: (GT01) What happened to the extra Android BOFF options? We were informed that we'd not only get male and female Androids to choose from, but that we'd also have Tactical and Science branch officers to choose from too.

Dstahl: This question required some investigation to determine what happened. Turns out that at the time there was an issue that prevented those additions from happening. That issue appears to be resolved in Season 6 and so now it boils down to having one of the developers revisit this and put in the options.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor

Last edited by kobayashlmaru; 10-05-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
What did you expect from each Ask Cryptic? PvP is dead. Get it over.
Uh, not one single poster in this thread mentioned PvP at all... why say that?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 19
10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Uh, not one single poster in this thread mentioned PvP at all... why say that?
See post #8.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Captain
# 20
10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Why are the Fleet Starbase featured project all worth 200,000 dilithium and why are they all pushed live with absolutely no QA at all?