Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 381
10-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
. o O (Why don't all the MWO players just go away and leave the Trekkers alone? That game clearly has a universe more to their mindset, with mindless and unreasonable warmongering everywhere. And isn't it even a direct violation of mod rulings, terms of use and their beta test NDA?)
You should be jumping for joy. I think it's pretty obvious most of us are prepping for a long haul hiatus from serious STO pvp. You'll finally get the opportunity to win without a full team carrying you to victory.

Mind you, some of us like myself will still play abit of sto, if nothing else to keep current and keep our skills relatively sharp incase something major changes For The Better, in this games abused and neglected pvp development. As to why we "won't leave the trekkers alone!" Because some of us, unlike you have made friends. Friends that likely won't be going over to the other game.

I do have to wonder though why you pvp. Because it's fairly obvious Rping at drozana is more your speed with all the hate you have for this community.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 10-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 382
10-05-2012, 10:04 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
serious STO pvp.
I'm not sure this word applies.

Especially with numerous threads asking for a Cruiser buff to damage, turn and special Fed/cruiser only weapons so the non-Tac class players can be the game Damage Dealer too.
Frankly the whole games balance is too influenced by the playerbase in certain areas and not enough in others and is changed too quickly to make the next " I can't be bothered to learn PvP" player feel like they can PvP without effort.
My favorite so far, Balancingwise for the classes, is the introduction of a P2W Cruiser becuase the P2W bugship is the escort, so the Cruiser players need a P2W ship as well.
(all fine with me if we get a P2W Raider as well)

There is nothing seriuos about PvP in STO but how much money it may bring Cryptic in selling the next P2W concept to the playerbase.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 383
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;5963801]
Quote:

I'm not sure this word applies.

Especially with numerous threads asking for a Cruiser buff to damage, turn and special Fed/cruiser only weapons so the non-Tac class players can be the game Damage Dealer too.
Frankly the whole games balance is too influenced by the playerbase in certain areas and not enough in others and is changed too quickly to make the next " I can't be bothered to learn PvP" player feel like they can PvP without effort.
My favorite so far, Balancingwise for the classes, is the introduction of a P2W Cruiser becuase the P2W bugship is the escort, so the Cruiser players need a P2W ship as well.
(all fine with me if we get a P2W Raider as well)

There is nothing seriuos about PvP in STO but how much money it may bring Cryptic in selling the next P2W concept to the playerbase.
Hence the coming hiatus. Another Wave of players gone cryptic. You lost quite a few to GW2. What are you doing to Answer? Nothing.

Btw you should totally try the other game. I'm sure myself and other refugees will love to game with you there.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 384
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
. o O (Why don't all the MWO players just go away and leave the Trekkers alone? That game clearly has a universe more to their mindset, with mindless and unreasonable warmongering everywhere. And isn't it even a direct violation of mod rulings, terms of use and their beta test NDA?)
Why are you being rude? Having a bad day?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,203
# 385
10-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Why are you being rude? Having a bad day?
I think he's just mad that the other games beta test will be over long before STO get out of beta test.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 386
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
. o O (Why don't all the MWO players just go away and leave the Trekkers alone? That game clearly has a universe more to their mindset, with mindless and unreasonable warmongering everywhere. And isn't it even a direct violation of mod rulings, terms of use and their beta test NDA?)
TBH, I wish Piranha had left MW alone...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 387
10-05-2012, 01:27 PM
[quote=ghostyandfrosty;5963821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Hence the coming hiatus. Another Wave of players gone cryptic. You lost quite a few to GW2. What are you doing to Answer? Nothing.

Btw you should totally try the other game. I'm sure myself and other refugees will love to game with you there.
Recently saw GW2 at a friends. Very nice game (though I tire of fantasy settings) very intuitive and easy to learn. Lots of fun.

MWO gave me the beta entry but my PC crapped out so I'm heading to put it on a friends PC.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,123
# 388
10-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
You should be jumping for joy. I think it's pretty obvious most of us are prepping for a long haul hiatus from serious STO pvp.
[...]
I do not care the slightest whether you actually play STO or not. But you guys are being extremely rude to your host by advertising a competition product on their very own servers.

If you want to play another game, fine, do so. But leave us STOers here alone then, and don't be rude to the owners of this server. Or anyone else, for that matter. Troll the MWO forums, if you must troll something.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,123
# 389
10-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Why are you being rude? Having a bad day?
How was it rude to say that?

Right, it wasn't. You are just trolling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 438
# 390
10-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
How was it rude to say that?

Right, it wasn't. You are just trolling.
I recommend you go back and read your post again. If you can't understand how what you said is insulting, then there is very little hope of you comprehending my meaning or what the statement was intended for.

Or...you are just trolling...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 AM.