Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,761
# 11
10-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Hairs would be fantastic.

Personally I want to see a sort of "2409 Bundle"
  • Generic 2409 bridge, themed after the Aquarius bridge made for the Odyssey-class, but much smaller, no larger than the Prometheus-pack bridges (the best balance of size and playability, IMO)
  • 2409 combadge
  • KDF Bonus: New Sash
  • Bonus: Account-bound Fleet Module

And of course a KDF "Imperial Bundle"
  • Generic bridge themed after the Bortasqu' bridge
  • New shoulder pads (matches sash style from 2409 bundle)
  • FED Bonus: 2409 Belt (matches combadge)
  • Bonus: Account-bound Fleet Module

The main draw is the bridges, but the additions of the fleet module and the synergizing costume pieces adds draw. Ideally it would be priced relative to similar items so that the modules would effectively cost half what they normally do. Account binding the modules prevents selling them without shafting the buyer by binding it to the buying character.

I imagine in total these will individually run 1000 zen. So 2000 zen overall for "modern" bridges, matching accessories for both factions, and a whopping two account-bound fleet modules. Not bad considering the modules alone would normally run you 1000 for both...
Maybe it's just me, but a bridge and a some small stuff are hardly worth 1000 ZEN. I would make it something between 300 and 750 at most, because there is little playability in it (no ship, weapons or other stuff non RPers need to have). I can imagine that much less players would buy it if there is nothing they could use in Combat. That's not my opinion, i would bu that pack, but in my experience most players are just looking at the stats of a new piece of equipment, rather than its looks or meaning in Star Trek.


What i don't like about it is the fact that i would had to buy the KDF version of it just to get a matching Starfleet belt, i think thats a bit too much. Many players are just not interested in playing a KDF character.


I'm curious how does a 2409 combadge look like?


Thank you for reading.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,757
# 12
10-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Maybe it's just me, but a bridge and a some small stuff are hardly worth 1000 ZEN. I would make it something between 300 and 750 at most, because there is little playability in it (no ship, weapons or other stuff non RPers need to have). I can imagine that much less players would buy it if there is nothing they could use in Combat. That's not my opinion, i would bu that pack, but in my experience most players are just looking at the stats of a new piece of equipment, rather than its looks or meaning in Star Trek.
You're probably right. I kinda aimed high, basing it on existing prices for similar items, then shaving some off of each one. I wound up with something closer to 950 for everything.

750 might be a better price point, but that seems cheap compared to the faction EV suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
What i don't like about it is the fact that i would had to buy the KDF version of it just to get a matching Starfleet belt, i think thats a bit too much. Many players are just not interested in playing a KDF character.
I'm glad you noticed that. I went about setting this up trying to think like a good little Ferengi. How do you entice people to buy things they normally wouldn't? You drop little extra goodies in there!

I put the combadge, the smaller piece, in the Fed pack because combadges are generally more iconic than belts. I figured between the two, most people would want the combadge more than the belt. If you want the matching belt, shell out of the KDF pack. You get the belt plus a second account-bound module, so you come out pretty good (bridge, belt, badge, two fleet modules!) even if you never use the KDF stuff.

Speaking of the sash, I'm not sold on my own setup for that. I'm not sure if KDF players would want the sash or pads more, and you could easily reverse the two and get the same incentive effect.

How about this as an alternative?
  • Fed pack gets the belt and combadge, KDF bonus is new belts (smilarly themed but distinct male and female versions).
  • KDF pack gets the sash and pads, Fed bonus is "2409 VISOR".

The trouble with this, for me, is I don't see how KDF belts and a visor are enough incentive to buy the other. Sure the module sweetens the pot, but is that enough? At least with matching pieces in both bundles, the draw is more obvious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I'm curious how does a 2409 combadge look like?
I have no idea. That'd be up to the costume folks.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 13
10-06-2012, 01:42 AM
1. I would like to have my ship crew wear
Uniforms of my choosing broken into groups

Security
Engineering
Medical
Science

Male/Female

2. I would like the ability to upgrade my choice
Ship to the most powerful ship I'n my ships class.

Boff layout.....X amount of zen
Turn rate........X amount of zen
Hull points......X amount of zen
Shields...........X amount of zen
Hangers.........X amount of zen

Now I could fly the ship type/looks I want
And it would be the best ship stat wise I'n
My class of ship be it science,cruiser or
Escort
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,860
# 14
10-06-2012, 04:19 AM
What I would like to have is something like a Platinum Zen Store for (very) rare and high price items like:

Special Ships
Mirror Ships
Ship Sets
Character Sets
etc.

So someone could avoid collecting hundreds of Lock Boxes, craft items, etc..
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,860
# 15
10-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
1. I would like to have my ship crew wear
Uniforms of my choosing broken into groups

Security
Engineering
Medical
Science

Male/Female

2. I would like the ability to upgrade my choice
Ship to the most powerful ship I'n my ships class.

Boff layout.....X amount of zen
Turn rate........X amount of zen
Hull points......X amount of zen
Shields...........X amount of zen
Hangers.........X amount of zen

Now I could fly the ship type/looks I want
And it would be the best ship stat wise I'n
My class of ship be it science,cruiser or

Escort
That's also something I would wish for. Sure there are some very nice ships on higher ranks, but I do have some ships I prefered bevor becoming a captain.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,761
# 16
10-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I'm glad you noticed that. I went about setting this up trying to think like a good little Ferengi. How do you entice people to buy things they normally wouldn't? You drop little extra goodies in there!
Call me naive but i like it if a company is honest to me. That way i can trust them much more and i would stay much longer as if i would feel cheated. But that's just my opinion, i know that many of todays companies act more like you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
How about this as an alternative?
  • Fed pack gets the belt and combadge, KDF bonus is new belts (smilarly themed but distinct male and female versions).
  • KDF pack gets the sash and pads, Fed bonus is "2409 VISOR".
Much better IMO!
As you know the belt and combadge belong together way too much, but making the VISOR a "bonus" is a nice idea!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
The trouble with this, for me, is I don't see how KDF belts and a visor are enough incentive to buy the other. Sure the module sweetens the pot, but is that enough? At least with matching pieces in both bundles, the draw is more obvious.
How about adding a special "stance" or a alternative transporter effect?


@jellico1
I would love to see Idea 1 to be realized.

I also like your second idea, but it think there need to be some restrictions.
For example, how many times can one buy that upgrade (once per tier, or each upgrade once per tier?).



Sorry i can't write as much as i would want but i feel terrible today that flu is getting me down.


Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.

Last edited by yreodred; 10-07-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 17
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman1979 View Post
Datachips to bypass cooldowns on STFs and Fleet Events

5 Datachips Reset Cooldown for Fleet Events

10 DataChips Reset Cooldown For STFs

1$ for 50 Datachips

100 datachips per month for Gold and Lifetime Accounts only (perk)

I think that is a very good idea. id buy some...
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
# 18
10-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Ship skins;
Reconfiguring the boff layout (for example exchanging cmdr tac with eng lt on my escort giving me fast, agile cruiser);
Reconfiguring console layout (as above);
Adding abilities to field DHC/DC on non-escort ships.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 19
10-09-2012, 07:24 AM
1. People are always looking for Zen items to sell for EC, how about packaged/tradable repec tokens?

2. @handle change

3. Standalone Defiant Bridge

4. Packaged/tradeable bridge packs
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,124
# 20
10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
The F2P model is based around this stuff, PW's F2P model is based around selling power. Ideally we should be seeing a lot of low cost vanity items thrown into the game, $1 emotes, new hair styles, etc that people don't even think about dropping that kind of money on.

Ship interiors is a big area that needs fixing, its limited and static, other than a bridge pack there isn't much they can do here until the system is redesigned.

Trait respec is desperately needed for many, they'd make a fortune on that one quickly.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.