Career Officer
# 11
10-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Not very fond of the Krenn I must say. Any thoughts on my build would be appreciated:

ENG Lt.Cmdr - EptS 1 + RSP 1 + DEM II (or EptS III)
TAC Cmdr - TT + CRF 1 + APO 1 + CRF III
TAC Lt. - TT + APD 1
SCI Lt. - HE 1, TSS II
ENG Ens - EptS 1

3x DHC + Temporal Torp thingy
3x Turrets
I'd probably swap DEM for Aux to SIF 2 or a second copy of RSP, due to DEM currently not working properly with skills like CRF.

Or alternatively swap DEM for EWP 1 for some control.

Career Officer
# 12
10-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Not very fond of the Krenn I must say. Any thoughts on my build would be appreciated:

ENG Lt.Cmdr - EptS 1 + RSP 1 + DEM II (or EptS III)
TAC Cmdr - TT + CRF 1 + APO 1 + CRF III
TAC Lt. - TT + APD 1
SCI Lt. - HE 1, TSS II
ENG Ens - EptS 1

3x DHC + Temporal Torp thingy
3x Turrets

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAAg...g?feature=mhee

If only to see the ship in action, and show what some posters are referring to when they mention the consoles and um...dying.

The Key on the Krenn is going to be the LtCmdr uni slot. What goes there? Specifically we are talking about the LtCmdr ability. The assumption here is that you will NOT run another Tac and that you simply swap between engineer and science with your 2 universal slots.

As mentioned, DEM does not play well currently with cannon buffs. As you are able to carry a LOT of cannon buffs, skip DEM. If you used warp plasma instead, you would be able to place a cloud wherever you wanted it to be potentially holding opponents still so that your CRF's could crit them to death. Or you could put an extend shields and be more supporty.

If you chose Sciency magic you could use a VM, a shockwave, or a strong tractor in that slot. Really the idea here is to think......hmmmmm.....what big sort of punchy thing can I put in a Lt Cmdr slot?

If you traded out your omega's/delta's and just went with two each of cannon and torpedo you would see a gain in potential burst damage on opponents hulls and at the least better results from your special "Torp Thingy". Is that what you kids call it these days?

Or you could go for the full chroni set and start using a beam overload in the mix. Heck you don't even need the set, just get a beam bank on there and slap in a beam overload.

Omega and Delta are great. But they aren't your only options. Aux to ID, Polarize hull, Batteries, Modulator, Evasive Maneuvers, Brace for Impact are all good options available to you at this point. So consider them.

Cheers!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 13
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
So... wait? your past self dies and you self destruct? Or was that just a coincidence? I couldn't tell from the youtube clip.

If so that's utterly idiotic! They're quantum time shadows, not YOU directly. Cuasality is out the window the second you put them all in the same time and space.
Career Officer
# 14
10-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
So... wait? your past self dies and you self destruct? Or was that just a coincidence? I couldn't tell from the youtube clip.

If so that's utterly idiotic! They're quantum time shadows, not YOU directly. Cuasality is out the window the second you put them all in the same time and space.
Past hull damage goes right to you. You die.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 15
10-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Lame as hell!