Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Hoping a dev will comment.

Why does the Krenn Temporal Destroyer have 3 Devices, when the Mobius Temporal Destroyer only has 2?

These ships are otherwise completely identical, and appears they were designed to be completely identical - aside from this discrepancy.

Krenn Destroyer

Mobius Destroyer

Also, the Krenn seems to have 400 crew and the Mobius 250?

The blog lists both as having 2 devices, it also lists both as having 250 crew...but I think it's a bit late to go back now.

Perhaps a 3rd device then for the Mobius?

Has anyone else noticed any other discrepancies?

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-06-2012, 09:08 AM
A blog is just a blog but...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=695181 which is still up, as a linkto from the official FAQ

Faction: Federation
Hull Strength: 33,000
Shield Modifier: 1.05
Crew: 250
Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
Device Slots: 2
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Universal Lieutenant, 1 Universal Lieutenant Commander, 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Engineering
Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4 Science
Base Turn Rate: 15 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.2
Can equip Cannons
+10 Weapon Power, +5 Auxiliary Power
Console ? Universal ? Manheim Device

Faction: Klingon
Hull Strength: 33,000
Shield Modifier: 1.05
Crew: 250
Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
Device Slots: 2
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Universal Lieutenant, 1 Universal Lieutenant Commander, 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Engineering
Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4 Science
Base Turn Rate: 15 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.2
Can equip Cannons
+10 Weapon Power, +5 Auxiliary Power
Console ? Universal ? Manheim Device

Someone needs to redo a copy-n-paste?

http://www.stowiki.org/Mobius_Temporal_Destroyer
http://www.stowiki.org/Krenn_Temporal_Destroyer
Career Officer
# 3
10-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Its was a copy paste... how does it get screwed up? That said I would not be adverse to getting a third device slot in the Mobius instead of them bringing the Krenn down to 2 *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Career Officer
# 4
10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Never under estimate the Cryptic ability to mess something up. Give them a year or so and maybe... just maybe, it'll get fixed.
Career Officer
# 5
10-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Never under estimate the Cryptic ability to mess something up. Give them a year or so and maybe... just maybe, it'll get fixed.
This is a big deal though, how did they mess this up? It really makes me think there's a dev that sneaks back in and changes things around when no one is looking just to sabotage things.

I know it seems like something minor to most but the extra device slot more so than the crew are a HUGE extra value for the ship. Suddenly my Mobius isn't as shiny .
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-06-2012, 05:09 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

Last edited by kalecto; 10-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Rihannsu
# 7
10-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonkman View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
Probably Enhanced Plasma Manifold

It's definately worth using at least in some builds.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by kalecto; 10-07-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
10-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonkman View Post
But then both sides would have the Leech console but the Krenn would still be better? how is that compensation? Also, the KDF already has access to the best Fed consoles.. they also get much more profitable doff assignments at the cost of a seldom used diplomatic dialogue option and 20 levelling missions most players see a handful and times and never repeat.... and even get to skip the first 20 levels when they make an alt...I dunno, i think the KDF has too many advantages.

Heck they even get to grow in size as fed players make kdf dil farming alts... ka'pla farmer! that is what the kdf is now! lol

*sigh* this whole designed unbalanced to make up for a perceived slight is really heavy handed and pointless, i can't imagine full time kdf players are really happy with it. They have to know its not a real solution to growing the KDF.

Last edited by kalecto; 10-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
10-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
This is a big deal though, how did they mess this up? It really makes me think there's a dev that sneaks back in and changes things around when no one is looking just to sabotage things.
I don't think this was done on purpose, but I do think it should be addressed by the Dev team.

Career Officer
# 10
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I don't think this was done on purpose, but I do think it should be addressed by the Dev team.
You're probably right, its not like they literally copy paste things over, I'm sure someone has to manually input the values. I just don't see how things are constantly messed up.

Edit: I should probably add that as someone with a LTS for both CO and STO I tend to see every stumble Cryptic does, and does again, and continues to do over the same things. Its hard to not get negative after a while.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 10-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.