Lt. Commander
# 1 Real Excalibur
10-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Career Officer
# 2
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
strictly speaking, it's not.
because it's not canon but fanmade and Cryptic's version is at least Soft Canon.

but yepp i'd pay Zen for this ship.
Captain
# 3
10-06-2012, 09:32 AM
While it would be nice to have a ton of fanmade ships or ships made by other games, it is too difficult to get the ships ingame. First, Cryptic has to get the permission of the artist or whoever owns the rights to it. Then they have to make it look and feel like the original. There is also the problem of which revision to use since artists sometimes go back and alter things on their ships like the Luna ship. It is much easier to create their own ships.
Career Officer
# 4
10-06-2012, 09:37 AM
well i'm not paying extra for the "much easier" approach but for quality work and (maybe) for things that at least seem a bit special

Quantity > Quality = not good for anyone in the long term
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
While it would be nice to have a ton of fanmade ships or ships made by other games, it is too difficult to get the ships ingame. First, Cryptic has to get the permission of the artist or whoever owns the rights to it. Then they have to make it look and feel like the original. There is also the problem of which revision to use since artists sometimes go back and alter things on their ships like the Luna ship. It is much easier to create their own ships.
Also said fan designs would have to be okayed by CBS as well.... i doubt they want a ship like.... that in game.

Also, that ship is too damn big to be in STO as a Player ship.... Looks like a Soverign that began eating everything in its path... and then it got huge and fat. XD

its almost a mile long, and half that wide.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 10-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Love it, great design.... I want.
Commander
# 7
10-06-2012, 11:45 AM
My old Eximius-class could easily out manoeuvre that gigantic whale, and with multiple pulse cannon shots to the dorsal shields, and then 8 quantum torpedoes to the bridge she'd be out of the match!

Alternatively I'd go for her engines or just hit the ventral shields and fire quantum torps at her warpcore, she'd never be able to turn in time to take my ship out.

Still even with the Excalliber's size and lack of manoeuvrability, she's still pretty impressive.
Commander
# 8
10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post
Excalibur Class? Looks nearly like a Sovy!
Career Officer
# 9
10-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post

I like the Cryptic Excalibur more. Besides, that thing is just a Super-sized Sovereign.

If there was any fan-made designs from the BC community that I would want in STO, it would be DJ Curtis's Century-class.
Captain
# 10
10-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
My old Eximius-class could easily out manoeuvre that gigantic whale, and with multiple pulse cannon shots to the dorsal shields, and then 8 quantum torpedoes to the bridge she'd be out of the match!

Alternatively I'd go for her engines or just hit the ventral shields and fire quantum torps at her warpcore, she'd never be able to turn in time to take my ship out.

Still even with the Excalliber's size and lack of manoeuvrability, she's still pretty impressive.
Wait you made this in bridge commander ? I loved piloting this ships in BC.