Ensign
Hello everyone I'm 700+ player and I've noticed a few things that just don't sit well with me.
Especially sense I pay for my access.

My grip is with the STF Leaver Penalty. Sure this is nice and all but it needs to be redesigned to make exceptions.

When you get disconnected in an STF, it still gives you a penalty if you can't get back on just in time to rejoin. - This happens about once or twice a month for me.

Paid subscription users should NEVER get a Penalty. We could just stop giving you money. I know I am leaning in that direction.

When the Secondary Objective is failed, anyone leaving the STF should never get the Penalty. Using my self as an example, I only play those now for the secondary so what's the point of staying with a group of Pugs who keep dying, falling in the soup, or who can't guard a transformer?

I have other things I'm angry about, like having to open 100 lock boxes to get the special ship inside, it's too high, but that is for another time.
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterramar View Post
Hello everyone I'm 700+ player and I've noticed a few things that just don't sit well with me.
Especially sense I pay for my access.

My grip is with the STF Leaver Penalty. Sure this is nice and all but it needs to be redesigned to make exceptions.

When you get disconnected in an STF, it still gives you a penalty if you can't get back on just in time to rejoin. - This happens about once or twice a month for me.

Paid subscription users should NEVER get a Penalty. We could just stop giving you money. I know I am leaning in that direction.

When the Secondary Objective is failed, anyone leaving the STF should never get the Penalty. Using my self as an example, I only play those now for the secondary so what's the point of staying with a group of Pugs who keep dying, falling in the soup, or who can't guard a transformer?

I have other things I'm angry about, like having to open 100 lock boxes to get the special ship inside, it's too high, but that is for another time.
Unfortunately, if they do that...all people have to do is fake a dc to get away from a bad team and get to a new team with no hour cool down.

Staying if they can't complete the secondary is the luck of the draw, if you want to be sure your going to complete it you need to build a group.
Lieutenant
# 3
10-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
with a group of Pugs

And another one who doesnt know or thinks about what PUG stands for.

Basically what you saying is: "with a group of Pick-up Groups"

Doesn't make sense.

And the whole post of you sounds very arrogant.

All I'm reading is: Mr. Diva should be allowed to leave if he doesn't like the group or if the teammembers don't have very good items.

Last edited by titus1608; 10-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Ensign
# 4
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Unfortunately, if they do that...all people have to do is fake a dc to get away from a bad team and get to a new team with no hour cool down.

Staying if they can't complete the secondary is the luck of the draw, if you want to be sure your going to complete it you need to build a group.
Fake a DC? All they need to do on Crypics end is detect when a player gets DC by a time out. It's when it stops responding.

There is a way to determine when there is no response via time out then there is via lost connection.

Far as building a good group, that's not possible under the circumstances. My fleet and friends just aren't literally able to sign on during my hours and the people who are online don't speak a bit of English at all period and if they do it's not well enough to understand instructions.
Captain
# 5
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah totally

Usually when I want to quit on a pug for obvious reasons I just alt tab and kill the sto app.
Go on an alt play a round come back never see a penalty
Ensign
# 6
10-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
And another one who doesnt know or thinks about what PUG stands for.

Basically what you saying is: "with a group of Pick-up Groups"

Doesn't make sense.

And the whole post of you sounds very arrogant.

All I'm reading is: Mr. Diva should be allowed to leave if he doesn't like the group or if the teammembers don't have very good items.
Pick up Gamers
Not Pick up groups.

Last time I mentioned something slightly insulting to someone on here, Cryptic tried making an example out of me. I suggest you refrain from making my mistake.
Captain
# 7
10-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I actually love the lack of a kick function they got my respect for running with that feature.

Most other games will have primadonnas ready to kick you over nothing or rage on you for not having the gear you get for beating the map, which of course they never had themselves starting out - now refusing to carry others like they got themselves once

It adds a huge touch of co-op and having to carry people which I am all for albeit I do make fun of people and call them out and tell them what to do

Lack of a kick function effectively removed any elitism and mowed down the upper class, other games should follow STO's example
Republic Veteran
# 8
10-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Pick up Gamers
Not Pick up groups.
nope it's Pick Up Group

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 9
10-07-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pug

On a sidenote, "ftw" always meant **** the world and "ftl" **** the law, it's been on Hells Angles shirts since the 70's

/edit

Also, pug would make more sense to mean "public group" as in oppose to a private group, since there doesn't have to be any pick up
Career Officer
# 10
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Pick up Gamers
Not Pick up groups.
Pick Up Group

Considering all the random disconnects lately, the leaving penalty for STFs could probably use a revision. On the other hand, I don't agree with removing the penalty if a secondary objective is failed. Don't screw over the team, folks.