Republic Veteran
# 11
10-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Perhaps a crit at max level on the doff mission should wield a mk xii?
Rihannsu
# 12
10-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
there is no MK XII version (not blue, not purple) for this weapon. It's a nice weapon if you don't use any torpedo BOFF powers...if you do, that weapon vastly inferior to quantum torpedos for instance.

makes it good for shuttles...but only good, not excellent.
I like to use it on a ship with energy weapon powers. FaW, BO, etc...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 13
10-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I like to use it on a ship with energy weapon powers. FaW, BO, etc...
probably smarter to just use beams then...and not even skill projektile weapons. as i said before, it is an interesting weapon to take out multiple fighters in shuttle missions or carrier pets with it's AOE.
But if you have skilled it already for projectile dmg, it probably is a good alround torpedo. For STFs i would still prefer photons with [borg] mod...high firerate+borg proc makes them ideal for stfs.
Go pro or go home
Rihannsu
# 14
10-08-2012, 09:15 AM
The [Borg] Torp proc does a guaranteed 1000 damage. Is that more damage than Hargh'Peng Radiation? Actually.... against the groups you see in some STFs (especially probes) the splash damage that Harghs do can make up for the difference.

anyways, though, that's jsut for STFs. Photon with [Borg] is probably the way to go for taking down Tac Cubes, KDF in the Fleet actions? nah.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.