Captain
# 11
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
i think there should be no option to leave.. it should be only after a certain time available. 20 or 30 minutes minimum.

too many times i been in a ground stf and as soon as you lose the secondary optional 1 or 2 people just leave.

making it so you cannot complete the stf and have to leave yourself.. wasting an hour of your time before you can try again.

same goes for fleet events, like fleet alert..
you go in a group of 5.. after 2 or 3 minutes you're lucky if there is still 3 people left..
you cant win, and you have to wait 30 minutes to try again.
Career Officer
# 12
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Captain
# 13
10-07-2012, 11:38 AM
How about Cryptic find ways to make STFs interesting and engaging enough where people want to stay and see it through?

If people leave something prematurely, it is either because something in real life demands their immediate attention, or whatever they were after either ceases to be obtainable, or they have obtained it and don't care about any other concern.

Real life demands cannot be helped. But the other issues are a matter of design.

Whatever is making people want to leave should be addressed. And if they are just doing it to be jerks, then penalize their account somehow. But that is one of those negatives about Free-to-play games. One account gets banned and the offender need only create a new account. And leveling happens so quickly in STO that before the ban on the first account is lifted, the new account will be maxed out, and they can be right back in there doing the same crap again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Moderator
# 14
10-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterramar View Post
Fake a DC? All they need to do on Crypics end is detect when a player gets DC by a time out. It's when it stops responding.

There is a way to determine when there is no response via time out then there is via lost connection.
Easy enough to fake a DC. Pull your modem cord. There is no way the system would know if it's an internet timeout (ie DC) or a client shut off.

STF's are interesting enough, it's people that see the optional gone then bail. I'm sorry if you don't want to finish the mission you deserve the timer. If you get a PUG group that doesn't know what they're doing and not listening and that frustrates you to no end? Simple answer for that:

DON'T PUG STF's

There is dozens of channels that have people in there looking for groups all the time, fleets that have STF runs all the time etc.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me on Twitter or G+
Commander
# 15
10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Paid subscription users should NEVER get a Penalty.
You're not special just because you can afford a subscription. Paying money into the game does not mean you should get to do whatever you want. If you join an STF and leave (of your own choice) before it's done, you deserve the leaver penalty because that's griefing. Or trolling. Pick the term you like better.

Getting a penalty after you time out is annoying, sure, but it's not the end of the world. Go do something else for an hour.

Also, only getting the penalty on a time out once or twice a month? I wouldn't complain. There are people out there who get disconnected for no reason all the time and have to eat the penalty for it.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 16
10-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
You're not special just because you can afford a subscription. Paying money into the game does not mean you should get to do whatever you want. If you join an STF and leave (of your own choice) before it's done, you deserve the leaver penalty because that's griefing. Or trolling. Pick the term you like better.

Getting a penalty after you time out is annoying, sure, but it's not the end of the world. Go do something else for an hour.

Also, only getting the penalty on a time out once or twice a month? I wouldn't complain. There are people out there who get disconnected for no reason all the time and have to eat the penalty for it.
Dont agree on this

Agree 100% on this
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 17
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Dont agree on this
You're welcome to your opinion, but golds already get more than enough special treatment.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:

When the Secondary Objective is failed, anyone leaving the STF should never get the Penalty. Using my self as an example, I only play those now for the secondary so what's the point of staying with a group of Pugs who keep dying, falling in the soup, or who can't guard a transformer?

You are the very reason a leaver penalty is needed.
Captain
# 19
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
You got carried when you started and now you have to carry others, if you fail to understand that I see no hope for you in life on any level
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I agree something needs to be done about the leaver penalties, as it pertains to DCs.

And Cure Space STILL has that occaisional bug that doesn't spawn any Borg when entering, which of course will give you a penalty for leaving it due to a Bug.

I don't believe Golds should get no penalty, because this would really encourage griefing.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...