Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 21
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
You're welcome to your opinion, but golds already get more than enough special treatment.
Oh yeah, like vet rewards that so far offer little (and end after the next installment), and stuff that can bought on the cheap in the CStore and... and...

... oh yeah. That's it.
________________
You'll have to forgive the Zeroes and Lowercase... Perfect World stole my Oh's and Capitals.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,114
# 22
10-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Don't you get more inventory and free zen and other stuff as a gold ?

But I agree gold members should be spoiled I couldn't agree more, personally I'd give lifers access to everything in the game no grinding as they bought everything.

However letting them have power over what missions go down the drain and what not is just crazy talk, you really trust people to not abuse it royally ?

And I don't what's going on at your pc but whenever I crash and reload STO it just puts me back on the same map I crashed on.

Last edited by vestereng; 10-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 23
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Have to agree with Vester, if you leave an STF, you create a problem for the understaffed group you're leaving behind. If we exempt Golds from the leaver penalty, we lower the threshold for them doing just that. A Gold who sees the optional for an STF lost early in the match, might decide to turn right around and go get his immediate do-over, leaving the rest of the team in a position where they're less likely to actually complete the STF at all. The leaver penalty makes it so that he at least has to consider settling for the STF without optional over nothing at all.

And that is the only reason that needs to matter. STO class warfare: Totally irrelevant.
Reave
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 24
10-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Don't you get more inventory and free zone and other stuff as a gold ?
More inventory space? If you subscribe for a month you can unlock and keep that. It's not a perk you need to be "Gold" to have. Go Gold once and it's yours forever. It's a perk of subscribing once as opposed to a subscriber perk You can also buy it cheap from the CStore. So again, no, not really a subscription perk. And there's no "free zone". All zones and content are open to everyone.

Oh, one other thing Gold members get: a stipend of 1/3rd your monthly subscription in points. So 1/3rd your money's worth. Or in the case of an LTS 1/60th... so that LTS will pay for itself in, oh, about five years... which, let's be honest, the game isn't very likely to last for.

Well, I guess there's always the login queue priority. Except of course that's worthless because the only time there's ever a queue is when the servers are jam packed and getting so slammed that it's constantly crashing and making the game entirely unplayable anyway.

Which isn't to say that I support removing Gold members from the leaver penalty system. I don't. It would open things up to abuse. But make no mistake that the "perks" for going Gold that currently exist have been an absolute joke since F2P.

"...golds already get more than enough special treatment..."? Hardly.
________________
You'll have to forgive the Zeroes and Lowercase... Perfect World stole my Oh's and Capitals.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 929
# 25
10-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Don't you get more inventory and free zen and other stuff as a gold ?

But I agree gold members should be spoiled I couldn't agree more, personally I'd give lifers access to everything in the game no grinding as they bought everything.

However letting them have power over what missions go down the drain and what not is just crazy talk, you really trust people to not abuse it royally ?

And I don't what's going on at your pc but whenever I crash and reload STO it just puts me back on the same map I crashed on.

yes gold members do need something as they only get free 500 zen and a tick on the vet counter.. hardly worth 15$ a month to me.

this isnt it tho..

to fix people leaving they should do away with cool down timers on mission completion
that way they wont complain about not getting the crappy optional. they just try again.

cool down timers are a real nuisance anyway.

leaver penalty yes..
cool downs no..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 143
# 26
10-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
Oh yeah, like vet rewards that so far offer little (and end after the next installment), and stuff that can bought on the cheap in the CStore and... and...

... oh yeah. That's it.
Yeah, well you DO get the game's hero ships. That's kind of a big deal.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 27
10-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptrichardson12 View Post
Yeah, well you DO get the game's hero ships. That's kind of a big deal.
Uh... huh?

Are you referring to the Chimera that isn't out yet and isn't canon nor present in any game material and thus hardly a hero ship? Or the Yacht that is vastly less popular than the Delta, and doesn't perform as well?

Because that's what the Golds get that Silvers don't.

They also get access to the Galaxy-R, Intrepid-R and Defiant-R I suppose... in a limited fashion... after being subscribed for 600 Days... which would be around a $300 cost there. All three would run a Silver Player only $60... 1/5th the Gold cost, and they'd get full access across all characters as opposed to the limited variety the Vet Program provides, and of course the Silver Player would get the ability to unlock Fleet versions for $5 each as opposed to $20 each... a benefit the Veteran Token does not offer.
________________
You'll have to forgive the Zeroes and Lowercase... Perfect World stole my Oh's and Capitals.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,679
# 28
10-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
Uh... huh?

Are you referring to the Chimera that isn't out yet and isn't canon nor present in any game material and thus hardly a hero ship? Or the Yacht that is vastly less popular than the Delta, and doesn't perform as well?

Because that's what the Golds get that Silvers don't.

They also get access to the Galaxy-R, Intrepid-R and Defiant-R I suppose... in a limited fashion... after being subscribed for 600 Days... which would be around a $300 cost there. All three would run a Silver Player only $60... 1/5th the Gold cost, and they'd get full access across all characters as opposed to the limited variety the Vet Program provides, and of course the Silver Player would get the ability to unlock Fleet versions for $5 each as opposed to $20 each... a benefit the Veteran Token does not offer.
What is this Chimera you speak of, as far as I'm aware the 1000 day reward ships haven't been announced?

On the lifetime part, sure when your first purchase the lifetime account you fork out alot. But once you do you get free zen, and after a while it pays for itself. Eventually the game will be free and you get $5 worth of free zen.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 29
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
What is this Chimera you speak of, as far as I'm aware the 1000 day reward ships haven't been announced?
It has been announced... though details on the stats won't arrive until either Monday or Tuesday. It's in this thread. The information (and pics) comes via Branflakes and one of the Priority One people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
On the lifetime part, sure when your first purchase the lifetime account you fork out alot. But once you do you get free zen, and after a while it pays for itself.
$300, paid back at $5 a month requires five years to pay for itself. The game probably won't even be around in five years. So, yeah...
________________
You'll have to forgive the Zeroes and Lowercase... Perfect World stole my Oh's and Capitals.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,679
# 30
10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
It has been announced... though details on the stats won't arrive until either Monday or Tuesday. It's in this thread. The information (and pics) comes via Branflakes and one of the Priority One people.



$300, paid back at $5 a month requires five years to pay for itself. The game probably won't even be around in five years. So, yeah...
I see, on the $300 dollar part...you also have to consider its more than just the stipend. The whole sub fee and all its $15 a month.

Who is to say how long the game will last, if I came in today knowing nothing...a complete newb I would be amazed it lasted this long. But trek fans are kinda hardcore...though I'm not a big spender I still come back to STO, honestly if this were any other genre I might have quit the game long ago.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 PM.