Career Officer
... is there a way to import that contact to another mission ?
Such as when authors have the same character appear in subsequent stories ?
Like Helna or Amanda Barclay ?
And , is this something that can be done cross faction ?
Career Officer
# 2
10-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Yes, you can import the mission into a new one. That option is available on the main mission select screen.

However, that doesn't always help because sometimes you need characters from multiple missions, and sometimes not everything is imported properly (unless the bug has been fixed, a few of the contacts would not import every time).

In that case what you need to do is use a program like FRAPS to screenshot all of the sliders (you can't use the in-game screenshot because it does not capture the UI), and manually re-enter them.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 3
10-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Yes, you can import the mission into a new one. That option is available on the main mission select screen.

However, that doesn't always help because sometimes you need characters from multiple missions, and sometimes not everything is imported properly (unless the bug has been fixed, a few of the contacts would not import every time).

In that case what you need to do is use a program like FRAPS to screenshot all of the sliders (you can't use the in-game screenshot because it does not capture the UI), and manually re-enter them.
Shrug, if I can't figure out the import thing, or it bugs out on me, just means a little more work then, but eh, worth it for what I am trying to accomplish. It'll only be 5 characters I need to remake. Well that and a bunch of maps... sigh.

Last edited by hippiejon; 10-08-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
10-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Shrug, if I can't figure out the import thing, or it bugs out on me, just means a little more work then, but eh, worth it for what I am trying to accomplish. It'll only be 5 characters I need to remake. Well that and a bunch of maps... sigh.
It will most likely work. You only start losing a lot of costumes when you have a lot. With 50 costumes you'll lose about 4 or 5 (it was some sort of error where every nth costume did not import). For only 5 I doubt you'll lose any.

Career Officer
# 5
10-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Can't figure out how to move costumes from one project to another, so guess I'll have to be remaking them, unless you can tell me how to do it. Private Msg would be awesome.
Career Officer
# 6
10-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Can't figure out how to move costumes from one project to another, so guess I'll have to be remaking them, unless you can tell me how to do it. Private Msg would be awesome.
Go to the screen where you can select your mission.

There at the bottom you'll see a button that says "Importable Projects".

Hit it and it will give you the option to select the mission you want to import.

Then in the right hand corner hit the button that says "Import".

Choose a new name and you're good to go.

Career Officer
# 7
10-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Go to the screen where you can select your mission.

There at the bottom you'll see a button that says "Importable Projects".

Hit it and it will give you the option to select the mission you want to import.

Then in the right hand corner hit the button that says "Import".

Choose a new name and you're good to go.
BRILLIANT !
Thank You !
You just saved me SO much work

In celebration I am going to go take a break from creating and go play the remastered dereliction duty
Career Officer
# 8
10-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
BRILLIANT !
Thank You !
You just saved me SO much work

In celebration I am going to go take a break from creating and go play the remastered dereliction duty
Hehe, thanks. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm afraid it might be a long break...

Rihannsu
# 9
10-08-2012, 07:31 AM
I used windows screenshot for this: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gal...set=0#/d570hta

But I run in Windowed maximized. No, I don't mind if you copy my Romulan.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 10
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
In my case , since I'm creating Commodore Ross, Cassidy, and some other select npcs from Night of the Comet for my Foundry challenge submission, I REALLY didn't want to have to recreate them for the KDF version of the mission I am making