Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Career Officer
# 24
10-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
This is less to do with the game engine and more to do with the fact that STO doesn't have a serious queueing system (WoW and certain flavors of DotA are also notoriously bad for this).

Ideally, the queueing system should pair 2s againsts 2s, 5s against 5s, 3s against 3s, full randoms against full randoms, etc. I understand some people are against this, but frankly I can't see any reason why and I'm a little suspicious about their motives (maybe it's just me but I don't get much out of steamrolling pugs).
Que system in STO is absolute fail, no argument there. Unfortunately, a que system like you propose is not viable in STO, because the PvP playerbase is too low due to the crappy queueing system. (yeah, it can make your head spin....)

First the queues need to be fixed to perform the current demands, then playerbase has to increase, then the queues must get added functionality. All this should ideally hapen dynamically, with queues adapting to pressure.

Our best chance would be if PvPing counts toward the coming Omega Reputation system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
This guy is lost... he wants even MORE resist and has no idea what I'm talking about when I say unkillable targets... It's as if he wants to become more overpowered by offering solutions that will only benefit his team.
Strange... that's not what i read.... I see him saying that more debuffs is key. Wich in turn leads to lower resists, wich in turn allows you to kill someone even if he's using all his resistables.