Ensign
# 11
10-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
No it can't. It does not drain near that much, not with a maxed Flow Capacitors skill, stacked Flow capacitors consoles and even using Equipment that enhances flow capacitors.

Go read the many threads on the Plasmonic Leech and how its already been discussed at length by the PvP/PvE community and the Devs, learn how its was nerfed to balanced to not over stack and stop spreading false information and causing other players to freakout over something that is not true.
tested it with a fleet mate just a few minutes ago and it does give +16 to all power levels and it can drain -16 to all power levels, So i don't know where you get your facts from but perhaps you should test it yourself.

And even If your opponent protects himself against power drain you still get the +16 to all levels, For comparison you can even get +16 to engines from dumping 22500 skill points into the engine power skill.

Hell you can dump all 99000 skill points into your power levels and still won't get the same benefit.

But hey lets have a mid-tier console that can surpass all your power skills because that makes perfect sense.

Last edited by cooperblack1; 10-05-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Ensign
# 12
10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Get your facts straight, lol
Nickel and dime power levels? Coordinated team can have 125 to every subsystem almost indefinately. There are a myriad of ways with which to buff your power levels, and equally powerful ways to resist incoming power drains.
True but we're not talking about a coordinated team here.
Super Moderator
# 13
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
this is rumored to be the next fed console from cross faction console boxes. I'd much rather have Aceton though.
This rumor is, to the best of my knowledge, still unfounded.

I won't say that it's not possible, but let's not open this can of worms again unless it actually comes to pass, eh?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperblack1 View Post
tested it with a fleet mate just a few minutes ago and it does give +16 to all power levels and it can drain -16 to all power levels, So i don't know where you get your facts from but perhaps you should test it yourself.

And even If your opponent protects himself against power drain you still get the +16 to all levels, For comparison you can even get +16 to engines from dumping 22500 skill points into the engine power skill.

Hell you can dump all 99000 skill points into your power levels and still won't get the same benefit.

But hey lets have a mid-tier console that can surpass all your power skills because that makes perfect sense.
Which I never argued. The PL is suppossed to have a maximum of 2 points per stack on 8 stacks for a +16 maximum bonus.
What I was arguing against is your silly and false;
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperblack1 View Post

That's +64 combined power gain and it doesn't disappear as long as you keep firing (it stacks 10 times).
Which is completly bogus.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 15
10-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Power insulators are extremely effective at countering the Leech. It used to be out of control when it would stack from multiple sources and was more difficult to resist but it's actually fairly well balanced now.
Commander
# 16
10-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
To start off, not sure if serious, or trolling.

Now then...

It stacks 8 times, up to 2 power per stack, capping at up to 16. In turn, the person being drained cannot be drained more than 16, even if being shot at by multiple ships using PL. But each person can still gain up to the plus 16 energy across the board regardless. On top of that, the power drain can be resisted.

So, I believe it is balanced with the rest of the game, since the Federation has things like MACO shields, which can gain up to 10 power per system, for a total of 40, only needing to be shot at to work, and requiring no skill points to use.

MACO is generally considered overpowered as well, since it's gained from an STF, requires no skill points to use, gives guaranteed power level, with ironically a good means to counter it: Plasmonic Leech. (Although other things can work too)

So, yes, it could be overpowered and unbalanced in the eyes of some people, but it's balanced in the larger scheme of things, because BOTH sides have really powerful advantages.

Besides all that, Plasmonic Leech has been nerfed, buffed, broken, and fixed so many times it's a far far thing from what it originally was anyway, and it really needs no more changes.

In short: IT'S FINE.
Lol sure.

Leech console: -32 total power settings to your opponent (halved the value for resistances) AND +64 total power settings to yourself.

MACO shields: +40 total power settings to yourself.

Yeah. Those 2 effects are clearly balanced. LOL.

And don't go pretending the MACO requirement that you get shot is easier to fill than you simply having to fire your weapons. You know thats bull.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-07-2012, 08:24 PM
-32 drain to an opponent sounds right if one is all console and skilled up for drain but the Devs had suppossedly worked so it doesn't drain aswell or spme crap.
The whole +64 to user is bogus. If your seeing that then its a major bug.

Has anyone confined this besides the OP?
I take it if true then the Devs have long since been told?

Otherwise I am not buying it because Ive seen no proof. My use of PL has never poped 64 returns.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Max Leach bonus per sub system= +16

16*4=+64 total bonus to sub systems

If a target has no resist than they also see -16 to all power levels. Even if you only assume -8 than that's still a very significant debuff. 8 power in every subsystem is pretty expensive in terms of skill points(39000 not counting WCE) and could be thought of as dropping someone 1 or 2 levels while boosting yourself the same or more.
Commander
# 19
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
Max Leach bonus per sub system= +16

16*4=+64 total bonus to sub systems
This Roach.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
This Roach.
So a grand total of 64 points if you add all the +16s together. Thats misleading and makes the PL sound far worse than it is.

If one is skilled in Power insulators the drain from PL is almost nonexistant and balances out to being equal to the power gains of the MACO for the user.