Empire Veteran
Early this morning I was doing my thing chilling out in Ker'rat when myself and a couple of other players notice a group of low level ships from the same fleet (Sffh Fleet) were hopping from instance to instance sitting afk in the spawn zones.

We attempted to make contact first, then when no one replied to our hails we proceeded to destroy their ships, jumping from instance to instance after them.

We assumed that they were there to farm dilithium and could have had been controlled by the one player on the one computer or could have just been bots as they all warped in and out at the same time. Most of their @handles had a series of numbers and "miner" in them.

[EDIT] Picture links removed until I can remove the @handles
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 10-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Does Ker'rat grant Dil again?

Otherwise, this is not a problem.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Does Ker'rat grant Dil again?

Otherwise, this is not a problem.
There is a daily mission. There were 7-10 ships all from the same fleet that were all around the same rank in two separate instances that we could get in to. You never know, the other instances could have been full of them.

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 10-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Captain
# 4
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
still dont know where is the problem....

I have 4 toons (3 fed 1 for each class and 1 kdf ) and play stfs for dilithium.Maybe I need to search a thread where someone complains about my evil actions of farming dilithium in stfs

btw you are not allowed to post their names/handles on the forums .
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Redacted to to erroneous info, my mistake.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
still dont know where is the problem....

I have 4 toons (3 fed 1 for each class and 1 kdf ) and play stfs for dilithium.Maybe I need to search a thread where someone complains about my evil actions of farming dilithium in stfs

btw you are not allowed to post their names/handles on the forums .
I don't think there presence was the problem rather the fact they weren't contributing. If all 7 ships were the same person then that's 7 places that could be used by someone else who could help out others.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
[Reply Removed]

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 10-08-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Captain
# 8
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
There is a daily mission.
No, there is a mission that comes when the moon is in the Eighth House of Aquarius, "daily" would imply its available daily ... its not.

Quote:
There were 7-10 ships in two separate instances that we could get in to.
And?

You cannot farm Dilithium were none is awarded, you cannot even farm items in Ker'rat without having to move your butt and try to rank.

I know a far more optional way to gain Dilithium that Ker'rat that does involve some work and cooperation of another player, besides due to the closed system Dilithium is worthless for farmers because its not as they can trade it, sure they can buy things on the Store but STO is very unattractive to actual Farmers because you cannot really make a buck out of it due to most of the currency being a closed system and the relative worthless of EC.

Quote:
You never know, the other instances could have been full of them.
They can sit all day there and gain no Dilithium, Ker'rat is pretty much dead unless you KDF were THEN I could understand why AFKing since KDF still have Daily missions concerning Ker'rat but Fed? not anymore and been that way for months.
Captain
# 9
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Not true - there is a daily 1440 mission for Fed in the lower ranks in Ker'rat

You need to do 3 run throughs - and you can sit at the spawn and go away from you computer for 30 min and come back and if it was busy all 3 runs have been done and you can claim your dilth.

I know i have done it a few times on my current leveling toon and the one before that a week ago. I don't bother if there are not a bunch of others there because it would take forever and really I am more interested in the Xp than the dilth because I can't stand doing missions for the nth time.

It is great at level 9 you can que the mission - get enough xp to hit lvl 10 - que the mission for the 10-20 range and then sit there and get all 6 runs done in 3 because both counters are running.

The thing is you can't do this kind of thing forever - because every time you claimed a mission to get the dith you would keep leveling until 50 when the 1440's stop - or it could stop at lvl 40 i am not sure. So you would have to create endless amounts of characters to be worthwhile.

if someone is opening up 20 accounts and doing it then yes that is a big problem

Edit : Also this is not like going afk in an STF - most people are there to get purple items - you do that on your own by having the highest score - if I was there and there to get a console or weapon or something I would hope that the rest be afk or busy fighting as i could get the hishest score and the best loot.

Last edited by levi3; 10-08-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Captain
# 10
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
I don't think there presence was the problem rather the fact they weren't contributing. If all 7 ships were the same person then that's 7 places that could be used by someone else who could help out others.

Still not a problem.The game from what I know has no limit on how many zones exist.Also there is no rule on how to play the game ,especially in pvp open zones like Ker?t (or esd in the last 2 weeks )