Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
My old Eximius-class could easily out manoeuvre that gigantic whale, and with multiple pulse cannon shots to the dorsal shields, and then 8 quantum torpedoes to the bridge she'd be out of the match!

Alternatively I'd go for her engines or just hit the ventral shields and fire quantum torps at her warpcore, she'd never be able to turn in time to take my ship out.

Still even with the Excalliber's size and lack of manoeuvrability, she's still pretty impressive.
Personally, at least in the Kobayashi Maru mod, I found the Excalibur's sensors were the most vulnerable thing. They had ridiculously low health, and there's a blind spot where only one weak phaser can hit you that gives you a perfect shot at them. Anything that can get through the ventral shields can take out the sensors with a photon torpedo, and the AI basically just gives up and wanders around while you slowly disassemble the ship from there.
Career Officer
# 22
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Actually, I believe there was a version of the Constitution they made that was kind of a step between the original TOS Constitution and the Motion Picture revamp that the designers dubbed the EXCALIBUR class.

Never seen on screen, it was just something the modellers came up with, so it wouldn't be canon, but it seems to me it would be far more canon than that hideous monstrosity.
Actually, the modellers never came up with that idea. They just brought to life the concept art of the Phase II Enterprise, which evolved to the Consitution Refit.

Original TMP Poster Teaser
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
If iam not mistaken that is a Bridge Commander model, which is and many other designs are very interesting. Another great title that had great concepts that should be apart of this title.
Captain
# 24
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post
I dun like it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 25
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Stretch it out another mile and call it "J".
Career Officer
# 26
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
You're all wrong.

This is what an Excalibur looks like.

That other thing is a horrible mistake made by some overeager fanboy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
You're all wrong.

+1 approved lol
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Rihannsu
# 28
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
You're all wrong.

Not even close!

Here: try this one
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Id love to see the Pathfinder Class in game. I used to do sims with Federation Sim Fleet and I remember fondly using this ship as the background to our Roleplaying.

Obviously another my ship is bigger and better then yours design. But the overall visual design is very appealing to me.

Last edited by standupguy86; 10-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 30
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by standupguy86 View Post
Id love to see the Pathfinder Class in game. I used to do sims with Federation Sim Fleet and I remember fondly using this ship as the background to our Roleplaying.

Obviously another my ship is bigger and better then yours design. But the overall visual design is very appealing to me.
No offense but that's just a horrible kitbash. Sovereign Hull and Engines with an Excelsior Saucer and Akira pylons.