Commander
Okay seeing as how I seem to have failed miserably in my previous topic about this ability let me be perfectly clear as to my situation.

1) My ship is a Science ship, I usually swap between using either of the full sets of Aegis, Maco and Omega, I do not use the 3 piece Borg set up....ever.

2) The abilities I roll with on this Ship are Engineering: Emergency Power to Weapons, Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity (for the time being), Tactical: Beam Array Fire At Will, Attack Pattern Beta, Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields, and my Science Abilities are: Transfer Shield Strength, Science Team, Hazard Emitters (Rank III), Gravity Well, Mask Energy Signature (I wanted to try it so dont judge!!!) and Polarize Hull.

Now because I have two Emergency Power to Shield abilities, Transfer Shield Strength, Science Team, Hazard Emitters AND Polarize Hull....wouldnt having Reverse Shield Polarity be a bit overkill? Because I am finding myself with little need for Reverse Shield Polarity thanks to my gear and the particular ship I am using. SO that being said...which of the following Lt. Cmdr ranked abilities would be a proper replacement for Reverse Shield Polarity, Aux to Structural, Directed Energy Modulation, Eject Warp Plasma or Extend Shields?
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-07-2012, 10:37 PM
DEM is a really crummy ability. Unless you were wanting to alpha strike someone with three System Engineering DOFFs, don't worry about it.

EWP is good if you are wanting another crowd control ability, certainly a wise choice indeed, and highly recommended.

Extend Shields at any rank is a great ability, period. It's an amazing thing if a team has good teamwork and such, but if you are pugging things, don't expect any gratitude from using it on others.

Aux to Structural is also a good choice, especially if you are running medium-to-high aux power. It only has a 15 second cooldown, so you can use it quite quickly. You can also give it to others.

So...basically it boils down to:

A CC ability
A shield resist/regen buff for an ally
A hull heal and damage resist buff for you or an ally.

Whichever you want most, is what you should go with.

Commander
# 3
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
DEM is a really crummy ability. Unless you were wanting to alpha strike someone with three System Engineering DOFFs, don't worry about it.

EWP is good if you are wanting another crowd control ability, certainly a wise choice indeed, and highly recommended.

Extend Shields at any rank is a great ability, period. It's an amazing thing if a team has good teamwork and such, but if you are pugging things, don't expect any gratitude from using it on others.

Aux to Structural is also a good choice, especially if you are running medium-to-high aux power. It only has a 15 second cooldown, so you can use it quite quickly. You can also give it to others.

So...basically it boils down to:

A CC ability
A shield resist/regen buff for an ally
A hull heal and damage resist buff for you or an ally.

Whichever you want most, is what you should go with.
Thanks for the advice :3
Commander
# 4
10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
This is what I use on my Atrox. Keep in mind that I am a Tac.

Tac: TT 1, CRF 1.

Eng: EP2W 1, RSP 1, AUX2SIF 3.

Sci: HE 1, TSS 2, TR 2, GW 3.

Sci: HE 1, PH 2, TSS 3.

May move TSS 3 to TSS 2 and change out PH for something else.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 5
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
IMO RSP is a wasted boff slot. You are far better off taking EPTS2 or EPTS3. Not only do these heal shields, what they do is REDUCE incoming damage by upping your damage resisy +30% for the full 30 second duration.

EPTS3 adds 18 shield regeneration, +36 power to shields (which if it puts you over 100 power to shields total does more than 4x shield regen based on power bank alone), repairs disabled shields, and reduces damage by 30% for 30 seconds.

Compare this to TSS which people gush about -- TSS3 adds 500 shield regeneration for 15 seconds and only reduces damage 15% (TSS3). It does NOT add to shields power bank, so you gain nothing from running high shields power. This is where the difference is made. Much like the difference between running weapons at 50 vs weapons at 125, it really does make the difference.

Having any kind of tank without EPTS is foolish, IMO. If you can run BOTH that and TSS, that is nice, but most builds make you choose one or the other.