Captain
# 581
10-08-2012, 09:16 PM
That's at least 1 less thing to worry about. I'd get lifesub simply because I'm a trekkie, and not ever having to pay for gold benefits again. What I don't like is never ever being able to get all the benefits, if they keep adding it before I get there. LOL

Slowly getting there... 270 more moolah to go...

EDIT: Wouldn't it be annoying if someone buys over the licence, and makes a STO2? Because the lifetime sub will most probably not transfer over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Commander
# 582
10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
That's at least 1 less thing to worry about. I'd get lifesub simply because I'm a trekkie, and not ever having to pay for gold benefits again. What I don't like is never ever being able to get all the benefits, if they keep adding it before I get there. LOL

Slowly getting there... 270 more moolah to go...

EDIT: Wouldn't it be annoying if someone buys over the licence, and makes a STO2? Because the lifetime sub will most probably not transfer over...
Star Trek Online II: The Wrath of Khayuung?
Captain
# 583
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averis76 View Post
This is the last vet reward (1000). There won't be another one. But you're probably right that it will be outranked at some point. It might not even be that powerful as it is. We'll see tomorrow.
The official response is that it MIGHT be the last reward.

From August's Ask Cryptic

Quote:
Q: (robpivarnik) Love the account bank, but with all the new pets, consumables, and other goodies? any chance we old-timers can get a few more rows of bank slots? as a 1701-day veteran?s reward, perhaps?

Dstahl: You won?t have to wait a couple more years to get more bank slots. We intend to continue offering account or regular bank slots as additional reward unlocks either through the veteran system, via future rank additions, or as a reward for completing other personal development systems in the future.
From September's Ask Cryptic

Quote:
Q: (kobayashlmaru) Now that some of us are approaching the 1000 day vet rewards, is there a plan to extend beyond the 1000 days? If so, in what capacity?

Dstahl: First, we intend to ensure that the 1000 day vet reward is awesome for both FED and KDF players. Then we plan to go back and review the rewards at each tier to ensure we have everything implemented as was discussed. Only after that will we consider going past 1000 days. We are discussing this with Champs, but for now, there are no details yet.
So chances are that the next veteran reward after the 1000 day one is either the 50, 150, 250, 350 etc day veteran reward or more rewards with the current vet rewards. Adding more rewards to the earlier vet rewards will give benefit to more players. While giving 1000+ veteran rewards will benefit very few people unless there is some way to convert amount of Zen purchased to days subscribed.

So buying $200 worth of Master Keys equals 400 days. If they keep on adding veteran rewards without some way for others to catch up, then we will eventually reach the end of the game since I doubt it will be here 50 years from now. There will be some people that will never get the 5000 day vet reward. Since they didn't subscribe at the start.
Captain
# 584
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
Star Trek Online II: The Wrath of Khayuung?
Considering how other people on other forums like to scream KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

...you get a cookie for pointing this one out.

They will feel my wrath. Bioware or not. And most definitely EA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 585 Good idea
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
I'm thinking the 1 ship will have 3 different modes. The Chimera was a combination of 3 different animals after all. Only time will tell.
I like your thinking here. It would be nice if you could set your own bonus on a sliding scale for weapons, shields, engines... I mean it is the 1000 day reward, some unprecedented customization would be nice...
Empire Veteran
# 586
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Just had a thought:
There will have to be to be maintenance Wednesday morning to path in the vet ships
OR
The ships were ALREADY patched in during the last patch and are just waiting for the switched to be turned on...
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Republic Veteran
# 587
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Just had a thought:
There will have to be to be maintenance Wednesday morning to path in the vet ships
OR
The ships were ALREADY patched in during the last patch and are just waiting for the switched to be turned on...
Or they could just have maintenance on Thursday like normal, I seem to recall a previous Vet rewards coming late for some because waited for a regular update.
Empire Veteran
# 588
10-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Or they could just have maintenance on Thursday like normal, I seem to recall a previous Vet rewards coming late for some because waited for a regular update.
That certainly could be possible.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Rihannsu
# 589
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
In all the talk about the P1 folks visiting the studio, I don't remember seeing any mention of the 1000 day ships being "works in progress". The only WiP mentioned was in regard to the Vesta.

Add to that, the screenies in P1's gallery show the Fed ship near ESD moving. The KDF ship is just shown on a white background.

Taken all together, I think the devs just need to hit the switch.
Career Officer
# 590
10-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Well, Brandon has already stated they would be in game on Wednesday so a wait for Thursday is unlikely. I'm betting they went in last Thursday. Destroyers are already on the weapon use list (thanks to the Aquarius and Moebius), so if they put the models in already all that would need to happen is the timer hitting 99.1 on the accounts.