Career Officer
# 1 Prisoners: a Klingon's lament
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Why do I always have too many Prisoners?

So many Prisoners.

At any given time, I have a full Brig, and at least 2 missions waiting for space because Marauding missions often result in more unwanted prisoners.

We have Rura Pente, why can't I use it?

Instead of "go away" could I not have a daily "we'll take 10" mission there, with a low payout, but boy would I be happy to clear the brig!

Or a prisoner exchange in Sirius I could maraud my way to, "here take these, and give me our refugees" once a day?
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Commander
# 2
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I just do the "Consign Prisoners to Labor Battalion" assignment whenever my brig is nearly full. Sure, it may fail from time to time, but it's better than nothing. Before they nerfed DOFF dismissal dilithium, I usually just executed them all since at the time you could get 750 dilithium for 10 versus 1000 dilithium with an average of 25% failure. Now it's really the only choice to get any decent reward.
Career Officer
# 3
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I have the freighter, so honestly it would be great if I could call up the Security Transport... except the 2-hour cooldown only tics down when I'm ON THE FREIGHTER, IN SPACE...

Honestly, you expect me to spend 2 hours, on the freighter, in space? Could it not always cool down when in space, at least?? But on the freighter? There is no solid reason to be sitting on that freighter, in space, for longer than it takes to do a quick tour of the few sector blocks with missions I need, and even then the transwarp-almost-anywhere ability in that freighter reduces the time spent considerably when used right...

and so I'm often stuck loading up the game, launching to space, swapping ships, and going and taking a shower, making coffee, and shutting down as I leave for work, just to cool down that Security Transport ability!
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Captain
# 4
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I thought the security officer on DS9 has one where you chuck 10 prisoners at him for Dil - not checked on the Klingon homeworld
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Commander
# 5
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
You can do the assignment at any assignment-vending security officer. I know of the ones on Qo'noS and DS9. I'd imagine there are more at any major KDF base, just as there are for Feds on K7 and I think Starbase 39. If you're really getting more than 10 new prisoners every 2 hours, I'd like to know how.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I've sent prisoners to Ganalda's slave labor camp.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-09-2012, 01:53 AM
As you fly around Marauding, check under 'Military' for the 'Forced Labour Requisition' missions. They take 4 prisoners, last (approx) 4 hrs, pay out a good amount of Dil on success (mega amount on crit) and theres loads of em - check every time you enter a sector block.
- Redneck Academy - / Legio XVI 'CARDASSIA'

All generalizations are false, including this one.
- Mark Twain
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Level 42 here and thus far onlu got two prisoners from attacking a freighter DOFF mission/assignment!

Are those mission the only way to get more prisoners?
Rihannsu
# 9
10-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Ransack colony, pillage science station, attack mining outpost.... you can even buy them from the Orion Syndicate if you really want to.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
10-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I normally use DS9 or Quonos to rid myself of prisoners if I have about 10. But would loce a rura penthe doff mission where I send doffs there