Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
10-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Or just hit brace for impact and polarize hull / AtoSIF and wait for the tickle
That won't stop you from being decloaked, though...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-09-2012, 05:07 AM
If you are in a B'rel you can just shoot mines out the rear. The emission seeking torpedo are target-able.

While on the fed side it was received well when it came out the in practice is was never worth it. If you used it the kdf play has 3 to 4 choices. 1) decloak and shoot it down. 2) Get hit. 3) outrun it. 4) lay mines as mentioned above.

While the strategy can be sound it was never practical. It is usually never practical to equipe a console with a cool down of 2 minutes or more for one weapon. A console in that slot for a passive stat boost would be better. There are console like the cheveron separation that take a few minutes to recharge are worth it because you have something that last for more then a few seconds once launched.

This console is in a similar category as the tachyon detection grid. Another cloak detection that only works if the ship is in that area. I never had it detect anything. However it does deserve re-examination since it bounces off allied ships like fighters and fighters will swarm around cloaked ships.
Career Officer
# 13
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
That won't stop you from being decloaked, though...
The damage is what is least important for me, the shutting down of the aux system and decloaking is what I like about this, when it works that is. He can press all the abilities he likes, I'll subnuke him anyways
Commander
# 14
10-09-2012, 08:59 AM
That torpedo is for role play purposes only. You can always pretend to be afraid of it when you RP? If it gets ya, you gotta delete your toon tho. lol.