Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Is there anything you buy with FCs you can sell for EC?
DOFFS

And to answer the OP, no it won't kill small fleets, you can't argue with Cpt Revo's logic.
Career Officer
# 12
10-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
I don't know how many of you already know this but if you hover your mouse over your fleet credits in your asset tab it will tell you there is a 10,000,000 cap. In the 5-man fleet I'm part of we're about 20-25% through and we each have almost 5 million fleet credits. This means that when our starbase is 50% finished we will hit this cap and not gain any more fleet credits for the contributions we put into the projects. This assumes ofc that we don't start to buy any of the crap that is offered for fleet credits at this point. Is this the final stab in the back for small fleets or is Cryptic willing to either remove this cap or give us something useful to spend our fleet credits on?
Buy doffs - put them on exchange. 10 million fleet credits is 20,000 common doffs or 400 very rares.

I will gladly accept any unwanted doffs in the mail.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 13
10-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
I don't know how many of you already know this but if you hover your mouse over your fleet credits in your asset tab it will tell you there is a 10,000,000 cap...
Now my Fleet has over 240 Million ECs in our Fleet Bank, (saved up for that rainy day in Fleet Starbase building) so not all Fleets suffer from this limitation.

From what I understand, if a 'Silver' account creates a Fleet, the Fleet Bank inherits the 'Silver' bank account properties. No doubt Cryptic did this to prevent single user fleets from being used to get around the 'Silver' EC cap limits.

They may also be a 'Silver' cap limit to a 'Gold' fleet bank, where a 'Silver' player cannot contribute ECs to the Fleet Bank if the balance is over 10 Million. Perhaps this covers the case of a single person fleet created by a 'Gold' member, but taken over by a 'Silver' member...
Rihannsu
# 14
10-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Now my Fleet has over 240 Million ECs in our Fleet Bank, (saved up for that rainy day in Fleet Starbase building) so not all Fleets suffer from this limitation.

From what I understand, if a 'Silver' account creates a Fleet, the Fleet Bank inherits the 'Silver' bank account properties. No doubt Cryptic did this to prevent single user fleets from being used to get around the 'Silver' EC cap limits.

They may also be a 'Silver' cap limit to a 'Gold' fleet bank, where a 'Silver' player cannot contribute ECs to the Fleet Bank if the balance is over 10 Million. Perhaps this covers the case of a single person fleet created by a 'Gold' member, but taken over by a 'Silver' member...
FLEET CREDITS...not ENERGY CREDITS.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post

I think you've misunderstood the OP. He's talking about a Fleet Credit cap. Not an Energy Credit cap.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 16
10-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
FLEET CREDITS...not ENERGY CREDITS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
I think you've misunderstood the OP. He's talking about a Fleet Credit cap. Not an Energy Credit cap.
OOPs, my mistake, sorry...

Though from what I understand, both Fleet Credits and Dilithium have a 10 Million cap. Not as if a 'normal' player is going to hit these limits...
Rihannsu
# 17
10-09-2012, 08:50 AM
For the smaller fleets with a small number of members that constantly contribute to the SB projects, there's a chance that they may just bump into the Fleet Credit cap if they don't bother spending any Fleet Credits on ships, gear, DOFFs or goods.

At Level 4 with my SB I've already earned 1.6mil FC's. I haven't spent any FCs on provisions or ships yet.

I do use the FC bonuses regularly as I have amassed quite a few while opening lockboxes.
Career Officer
# 18
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
DOFFS

And to answer the OP, no it won't kill small fleets, you can't argue with Cpt Revo's logic.
I just did the math and you could convert 10 million FC into around 150 million EC on the exchange at present rates.

In other words, grats: you just got a lockbox ship or two.