Career Officer
# 31
10-09-2012, 12:42 PM
.... not a fan of this addition.. makes me feel that they could care less about people that have supported the game since release.

I mean it says 1000 day veteran reward.. buying lifetime sub this week or next week, to me does not warrant going tada you just made 1000 days of past support to this game all the sudden.

but nothing I can do, but say it does not seem very fair to the true 900+ day veterans.
Rihannsu
# 32
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I love it.

thank you cryptic.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lieutenant
# 33
10-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Why are people complaining about this? I think it's a grand gesture on Cryptic's part, and it makes me feel better about getting a LTS a few weeks before the game went F2P.
Ensign
# 34
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I think you guys are missing the point here. As a LTM you are going to be eligible for all the vet awards anyway, automatically, you could log off and log back in 3 years later and pick them all up without supporting the game at all after the initial investment. The people that pay subs are still going to have to wait the required time anyway, so they will have to support the game for each hundred days to pick up the next award. I'm at 641 days so have had many of the awards, I am also a LTM and I am pleased that new LTMs will see a huge packet of goodies included with their large one-off purchase. Hopefully it will encourage more to come off F2P or Subs and make a large initial investment into the game.

It also probably means the end of Vet awards past 1000 days because they will no longer be seen as vet awards but LTM awards. This will free up the team at Cryptic to work on other projects which can only be a good thing. I think those of you who don't like this are feeling a little ego deflation as now all LTMs will suddenly have all the same stuff as you even though they may have only started playing today. Me, I support this and wait to welcome all the new LTMs entering the game, they will have spent a lot and received a lot, they will be more likely to participate in this forum and in fleets, I see it as a win win everywhere, nice move Cryptic.
If that is what you think then your missing the point !
Ensign
# 35
10-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I want my money back !
Career Officer
# 36
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I understand the frustration of many subscribers hearing this news, but as some other have mentioned an LTM will get the rewards anyway regardless.

I myself got the game at launch, subbed for just short of 300 days and stopped and left due to other Commitments, I started playing again shortly after F2P went live and got a LTS during the last sale in June, I am glad I can experience the higher vet rewards early as I was a little sceptical to the game being around 700 days from now which I hope it still is as I enjoy playing it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
cryptic
why the hell you don't sell this ship for 5000 zen points

you take your money and everything returns to normal
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Commander
# 38
10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Closest I've ever come to impulse buying a Lifetime subscription. o.O
Career Officer
# 39
10-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Awesome! Now I dont need to wait another few years to unlock everything
Ensign
# 40 Disgusted
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Myself and many other Lifetime Vets who are coming to 1000day are probably foaming at the bit right now.

We have spent a lifetime it seems, well... in fact 1000 days to get to this position, and out of the blue you give everybody everything.

I am not complaining about the Lifetime Vet program because I started from day 1 as a Lifer. But we have had to wait for our gifts.

I just feel that my time as a lifer was worthless.